5 Reasons NOT To Be Jealous Of That Cabo Spring Break

In spring break slump? You're not alone.

57
Liana Henderson-Semel

Every single one of your friends seems to be headed for Cabo, Cancun, or Miami, and as much as you love relaxing at home with the fam, you can't help but feel slightly miffed. But are your friends' vacations really as hype as their snapchat stories make them out to be? Nah. Here are five reasons your staycation is better than any trip to the beach...

1. Um, sunburn much?

You moisturize daily, you'd wear SPF 100 if they had it, you use Aveeno for crying out loud -- skin doesn't come this flawless for free. Why waste all that hard work, (and money on expensive creams) with sun overexposure? No, thank you. You're doing just fine in gray, rainy, Massachusetts: safe from UV light and lobster-colored burn patches.

2. Bikini-Bod Status: Negative.

Look, holidays are built around food. They just are. Anyone who thinks or acts otherwise is clearly crazy, or lost all their taste-buds in some freak accident. If you didn't overindulge on sweets the past few months during the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, VALENTINE'S DAY (helloooo 70 percent off chocolate kisses!) season, then bless your soul and your fit, rockin' bod because WE sure as hell didn't follow your lead. Who wants the stress of having to eat healthy and work out in preparation for a beach holiday? Me and my flabby stomach are more than happy to rock a groutfit back home in the suburbs of Chicago, thank you very much.

3. Your Liver Has Feeling Too.

Jello shots in the sand are nice and all, but a whole week of clubbing, bar hopping, and dancing until 5am? There's a limit to how much your body can take. Yeah, your friend's instagram of her hugging that palm tree makes it look like she's having a great time, but behind that sloppy drunk smile is one tired girl! Why spend your nights chugging back overpriced neon colored drinks that probably don't even taste that good (you chant over and over to yourself, while flipping through snapchat) when you could be on the couch catching up on Downtown Abbey? Priorities, people.

4. $$$$$$$$

Hotels cost money. Flights cost money. Drinks cost money. New spring clothes cost money. Being kidnapped and held for ransom in Costa Rica costs a lot of money. You'll thank yourself a few months from now when your bank account is full enough to buy a motherland of snacks during finals week. Believe me, stress eating > bankruptcy. You're just doing the economically sound thing, kind of.

5. Family

College is great, it really is. But deep down we all know you miss cuddling with your dog on the couch, wearing your sister's adorable shirts without permission, and helping Mom and Dad cook dinner. Sure, your childhood house isn't in #Cabo, but it's home, and home is a wonderfully cozy, and relaxing place to be. A week of quality time with the people who love and support you most? Sounds like a pretty good vacation to me.