Stop Telling Young Women They Need To Marry Rich To Get What They Want In Life

Alexa, play Independent Women by Destiny's Child.

1272

Countless times after telling people my life goals, dreams, and aspirations I have heard the responses "Wow, I hope you are planning to marry rich" or "You better find yourself a rich man" and to be honest, it is starting to get really old. I have worked too hard in my life for someone to tell me that in order for my dreams to be obtainable I will need to snag a rich husband.

I know back in the day it was typical for the man to be the breadwinner of the family, but it is 2019 now, and oh how times have changed. In this day and age, women are standing up for themselves, fighting for what is right, and making their dreams come true.

As a young woman, I have so many goals and dreams that I hope will be a reality someday. I will admit that some of them are pretty far out there and to some may seem impossible, but with hard work and dedication, you really can do anything you set your mind to and you do not need a man to do it.

My entire life I have been surrounded by some of the strongest women I know, who never let me think about giving up even if I wanted to, and for that I am so thankful because they shaped me into the strong and independent woman that I am today, and I can only hope that I will be able to pass that on to my kids one day.

For all of the young women like me out there trying to make their dreams a reality, keep working and don't give up! Ignore the comments, hate, and stereotypes. There will always be people out there who try to bring you down or say you can't do it, but you can.

If you are dedicated and work hard, you will get there. And when you get there, you can flex on all the people who ever said you couldn't.