Awkward People Should Embrace Not Giving A F*ck About Other People's Opinions

Ask yourself first: will this really matter a year from now?

158
Kayla Huynh

In my 20 years of life, I have learned a lot from being as awkward as I am.

My introverted side often comes out at the worst possible times, which causes me to feel uncomfortable in even the most normal situations. This leads me to be completely 100 percent awkward, but I like to think my tendencies just come off as 'quirky' or 'unique.'

What I've learned from being awkward is this: you really shouldn't give a fuck if you are or not. Because honestly, who really cares anyway?

Most of the time, people are too busy thinking about themselves — they won't even notice your awkward moments or the words you stumble upon in mindless conversations.

Not giving a fuck is much easier said than done, of course. But it is something that every awkward person should learn. It's about more than just not caring, it's about letting things go and not overthinking about matters that are truly unimportant in the long run.

Ask yourself first: will this really matter a year from now? Or even a week from now? If not, then move on. Don't get caught up in something so trivial and insignificant.

You don't need to analyze and replay every scenario in your head. Instead, try to forget about what people think of you. Because like I said before, who really cares anyway?

Once you can master this skill of not giving a fuck, you will feel more confident in your awkwardness. I know that may sound like a paradox, but it actually makes sense.

Being confidently awkward means owning your personality, your tendencies and your quirks. Above all, keep working on that no-fucks-given attitude. It's OK to be unapologetically who you are, and sometimes you just have to try to not give a fuck to realize that.