The Mortal Instruments; Shadowhunters

The Mortal Instruments; Shadowhunters

Welcome to the Shadow World

15
The Mortal Instruments; Shadowhunters
Google Images

Imagine a world complete with magic and battle, the rage of war calling and a world beyond anything you've ever known right at your fingertips. The heartbreak of romance and the strange culture of those who walk among you, yet go unseen. This and more is found in the epic novels, best selling for three years in a row: The Mortal Instruments.

The Mortal Instruments series Written by the acclaimed author Cassandra Clare have easily become the world's latest rave. With a new and upcoming show in progress for the series, people tune in more and more to check out this long series to figure out what all the chatter is about. Young adults and even the elderly all alike, read this series happily and find a sort of comfort in the books. Following the life of a young ginger haired girl by the name of Clarissa Fray, she is quickly whisked away from the world as she once knew it and thrust unceremoniously into the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders. With a rising foe coming into the picture, Clary may as well be the only girl capable of deciphering what's happening and how to stop it before it escalates too far. The book is jam packed with tons of action and violence while the protagonists also struggle to find love in such an unwelcoming world. “Omg best series ever.” and “Reading these books gave me purpose.” as well as “The most fabulous series in the world” were only few of the quotes given about the illustrious novels. If you're a book reader in search of the latest rave, then you'll certainly enjoy picking up your own copy of The Mortal Instruments. There are six books in the series: ‘City of Bones’, ‘City of Ashes’, ‘City of Glass’, ‘City of Fallen Angels’, ‘City of Lost Souls’, and ‘City of Heavenly Fire’. There are also the prequel trilogy The Infernal Deviceswhich feature the books; ‘Clockwork Angel’, ‘Clockwork Prince’, and ‘Clockwork Princess’. Recently Cassandra Clare has been working on The Dark Artificeswhich for now only feature: ‘Lady Midnight’ and upcoming ‘Lord of Shadows’. She's also, under the wraps, working on another bookline of the Shadowhunter novels The Last Hourswhich take place during the same time period as The Infernal Deviceswith the names: ‘Chain of Thorns’, ‘Chain of Gold’, ‘Chain of Iron’. She's also working on a new book that is to be released in November 2017 after ‘Lord of Shadows’ but before The Last Hours which is calledThe Eldest Curses, revolving around Magnus Bane, co-written with Wesley Chu. The titles are named as followed; ‘The Lost Book of the White’, ‘The Black Volume of the Dead’, and ‘The Red Scrolls of Magic.’ Many extensions of the series have been made, books full of short stories; ‘Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy’ where you follow the story of newly made Shadowhunter Simon Lovelace as he navigates the difficult path of becoming a Shadowhunter, where he engages with new friends, old ones, and new rivals; ‘The Shadowhunter Codex’ in which you are the uprising Shadowhunter ready for ascension, this book provides information on both Shadowhunters and Downworlders alike; ‘Shadowhunters and Downworlders’ Which as the name implies tells of Shadowhunters and Downworlders; ‘A History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of the Downworld’ tells of the history of and between Shadowhunters and Downworlders; ‘The Official Mortal Instruments Coloring Book’ as the name states it's just a coloring book; and the largely favorite ‘The Bane Chronicles’ where it tells many stories of flamboyant Warlock Magnus Bane as he traverses through life.

Props should go out to the show still, they’re doing good- if we’re saying they don’t have enough views to have a larger budget. The show doesn’t exactly follow the storyline of the book, in the author of the articles perspective it isn’t worth the anticipation to watch at all. Instead, the books hold a lot more action and character development. The show did well with casting on a few characters, and in molding the storyline to have a different view then- yes, they did well. The plot has definitely become their own plot, it’s only related to the book because of the names of characters and (Not dominantly at all) appearances. The show has a very… Different view on the books so it's pretty unexpected how it might go about through this. The show, in personal opinion, panders to a more childlike type of person. From the ages 4 and up. The acting is basic, and it pretty much throws aside the concept of the books and the characters. They're underdeveloped and sometimes don't even look how they're described out to be. All in all, for the readers of the books, they had a lot of disappointment in finding so many flaws. “It's like the worst thing I've ever seen, it's a nightmare.” Is a quote from Mortal Instruments book lover Belle (Opt out of using last name) “It's a disgrace to the book… I didn't even finish the show.” Says another book cherishing watcher of the show Raven (Opt out of using last name). Out of all the interviews gotten from those who've read the books, one thing is for certain: It's been marked as highly unsatisfying.

Demons run rampant in the streets, Angel sent warriors the only ones capable to stop them. With Warlocks, Faeries, Mermaids, Vampires, and Werewolves the unimaginable becomes true and the impossible turns possible. In a place where magic is endless and danger has no bounds there lies few with the skills necessary to divert a total crisis, enter in the world of the Shadowhunters.