Writing is my passion. I know it is not the typical "nine to five" job in some cases, but it is still a career path I want to pursue. Writers face harsh criticism for doing what we love because it is difficult to become a successful writer. Here are some of the comments and questions I hear as a writer. I had fun coming up with sassy replies to these questions and comments. Enjoy.
1. "What are you going to do post-graduation?"
Well, become a New York Times Best Selling author, of course. Make sure to check out my publications.
2. "Writers do not make money."
Have you not heard of J.K. Rowling? The Harry Potter series creator was a poor writer writing on napkins and is now one of the richest writers in the world. Talk about a good career move.
3. "That is not a wise career choice."
I wish to be a writer, more than anything in the world. It is going to be a difficult road, but I know I can do it.
4. "Are you going to become a teacher?"
Maybe one day, so I can show students the joy writing can bring.
5. "Can you edit my paper for me please?"
Oh, so now you need my help?
6. "Good luck finding a job post-graduation."
Thank you I will.