I Love Scrunchies And Over-Sized Tees, But I'm Definitely Not A VSCO Girl

Sksksk and I oop-.

41
Emma Chamberlain with her hands up and outward.
emma chamberlain on YouTube.com

I am not a VSCO girl. Let's get that straight.

Yes, I love scrunchies and over-sized tees, but that doesn't automatically make me one. I have never even downloaded the VSCO app or used a filter. I have no idea what the difference is between a C1 or a C2, let alone what they look like. Just because I regularly utilize scrunchies and wear over-sized t-shirts does make me a While being a VSCO girl is not a bad thing at all, I would rather just not be referred to as one.

I use scrunchies because my hair is thick as could be and it doesn't hurt as badly taking my hair out of a bun or a ponytail as a regular hair elastic. Not to mention because of my hair's thickness, I regularly break hair elastics on the daily, including the ones specifically made for thick hair. I wear over-sized tees because not only are they comfortable as all heck, they are convenient as well. I can also just roll out of bed in my pajamas for morning classes.

I have a Mario Badescu spray because a friend recommended it to me almost two years ago because that was what she used for her skincare routine. In that period of time, I still use it because there is still more left. I do not own a pair of Birkenstocks, Crocs, and do not shop at Brandy Melville. I didn't even realize Brandy Melville was a think until I read it while searching for VSCO girl aesthetics on the internet. Turns out the only Brandy Melville closest to me is about two hours away which makes sense as to why I have never heard of it.

I don't own a Hydroflask or a metal straw which I know not owning is extremely bad for the environment, but I do have a reusable water bottle. Save the turtles and bees and tigers and every endangered species, It just doesn't have any stickers on it and while I do want to end up buying stickers for my laptop and water bottle, is it criminal for me to want to express myself through memes and/or sayings?

Swerk on giphy.com

So while I do love me some scrunchies, over-sized tees, and statements stickers, please do not refer to me as a VSCO girl. Don't refer to me as any type of girl actually. I am my own individual. As stated before, being a VSCO girl is nothing bad and if that's your brand then own it, sis. I rest my case.