Muncie EDMC To Host Northern Lights At Be Here Now

With headliners Cam Miller and Cadillac G

95
Author's Photo

Northern Lights is the annual Muncie EDMC event that takes place in the month December at Be Here Now. It celebrates the elusive aurora borealis, the love of electronic dance music, as well as the wonders of custom lighting. This year Muncie EDMC welcomes Cam Miller and Cadillac G has headliners, as well as introducing Third Digit and Stvnk. Northern Lights takes place on Friday, December 1.

Cam Miller is an Indianapolis DJ that can mostly be found downtown Indy, typically 247 Skybar, but has opened for many big names including Joyryde and Infected Mushroom. Ventura describes Cam's style as, "a refreshing mix of bass with rap and club classics." But Cam Miller himself has a different outlook on his taste. He describes it as, "Journey of all genres focusing on underground music." Either way, Cam Miller has been a huge influence and a respected name in the Indianapolis music scene. By hosting weekly events that honor bass and house music, Cam has helped bring underground music into the limelight.

Cadillac G is the Cadillac-loving DJ of Indianapolis. He plays both nightclubs and festivals throughout the midwest. He has this interesting cool-guy mix sound especially with his "Living On A Prayer" edit. Cadillac G has been involved with the music scene for over five years and remains a staple to the scene.

Talent on the line-up also includes Ejion, Shxps, Ventura. As well as newcomers Third Digit and Stvnk, both producer playing their first show with the Muncie EDMC.

Third Digit appeared on "Wrong Number" by Muncie EDMC, their second compilation album that released October 27. He dropped two tracks on the album, "From Other People's Brains" and "The Work of Science."

Stvnk, pronounced "stank," prides himself on his love for producing bass music. While he has played many shows himself in Evansville and even a few in Indy, Northern Lights will be his first show with the Muncie collective.

Northern Lights will also include custom lighting by the official lighting technician of the Muncie EDMC, new producer, and DJ; Ventura. Lighting includes 16 robotic spots, multicolored washes, and multicolored lasers. Ventura has been working in lighting for two years and is a sound board operator at the Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis.

If you love any of the various genres of electronic dance music, you do not want to miss Northern Lights. The Muncie EDMC is made up of the most talented rising artists. They are a DIY collective with in-house graphic designers, photographers, and promoters; they strive to include all forms of art in their collective.

Music starts at 9:30 p.m. at Be Here Now Friday, December 1.