I Don’t Have a Viral Article Odyssey I Don’t Care

I May Not Have A Viral Article Yet, But I Don't Care

This so much more meaningful to me than going viral for an article like "The Greatest Vines of All Time."

40

I have been writing with Odyssey since May of 2018 which in truth, is not that long of a time. But in the four months that I have been part of Odyssey's team, I have watched new writers (which I recruited) pump out viral articles.

At first, I will admit, it was hard watching everyone else have articles noticed by Odyssey but not any of mine. As I am writing this, I currently have 19 live articles; I know that number will have risen by the time this article is published. That means I have had 19 times to get seen by Odyssey and go viral...but it's never happened.

And you know what? That is okay. I'll admit that at first, I was down about it but then I really don't care about it. I don't write for views. I write for myself.

I write about things that are important to me. Animal rights, overcoming disabilities, and sometimes I just like to write about fun things. While my viewership might be lower on certain articles, I know it doesn't matter.

Every time somebody comes up to me and tells me they liked what I wrote or that it meant something to them, even if it is just one person, I have done my job. I have written something worthy and meaningful to at least one other person. And that is all I can truly ask for.

I am not like a lot of people my age. I don't say things like "lit" or "low-key." I don't even know what boujee means. So yeah, maybe people my age don't resonate with my writing style. But there are people that do. I can tell that every time I write an article and somebody comments on, likes, or shares it.

Writing is a passion of mine. It may not be my greatest strength but it is something I enjoy doing. It is calming for me. I have a lot of random thoughts floating around my mind and with Odyssey, I can jot them down and other people can read them.

So here is to you, readers! To all of you just now reading an article from me and to those of you who read them all, thank you for reading. Thank you for taking the time to view an art form I am passionate about. Whether it is one person or one-thousand people, every time you click on the article and read it, you are making my day. Even if you don't agree with what I have to say.

And thank you, Odyssey. For giving me, and other creative thinkers, a way to talk about their emotions and experiences without judgment. Thank you for giving me a platform to explore my thoughts and feelings while also gaining knowledge about writing techniques and journalism.

While I am not viral now, and I may never be, that is okay. With every article I write, I become more confident. I become a better writer. I become a more creative thinker. And every time one person reads my article and takes something positive away from it, that is so much more meaningful to me than going viral for an article like "The Greatest Vines of All Time".