I’ve Never Had A Valentine’s Day Date And, Plot Twist, I’m Not Freaking Out

I'm totally OK riding solo.

98
Juan Carlos

With Valentine's Day right around the corner I, once again, am finding myself dateless. However, I don't really care. I'm okay with not having a date, or getting any of those cheesy gifts. Side note, if you propose on Valentine's Day, *gags*, I think you're the worst.

I guess I don't really understand the concept of Valentine's Day. Why do we have to have one specific day to show our love for someone. I get that it must be nice, get all romantic, but still, I think it's even nicer if it's random. I would like to do something like that on my own, or be surprised with it.

Also, everything is so crowded and crazy that day for people going out, I don't want to deal with any of that. So even if I did have a date, I ain't going nowhere, that's a promise. I don't even care if I did anything that day.

I think there is so much hype about that day and so much pressure to find a date. I'm here to tell you, it's okay to be single. Hell, treat yourself. I've done that before. It really isn't that big of a deal to not have a date on Valentine's Day.

I've never had Valentine's date, and I'm frankly not very concerned or worried about it.

I don't feel like I need to have one or am missing out on much. I'm sure that one day when I finally do have a date I might find it nice, but I don't know. For now, I'm okay facing the day solo.

However, my birthday is on Valentine's Day, so I suppose that's part of the reason I don't really mind not having a date because it's still kind of all about me. Ignoring that fact though, I really don't mind.

I believe that people can be single on Valentine's Day, and be perfectly fine. Take the day to yourself. Maybe order some take out and watch a movie, or maybe you have a "single's" party, I don't know, but you can still have fun. Being single on Valentine's Day doesn't have to be the worst thing.

The most I do for Valentine's is get the kids at my daycare little gifts. I've also gotten my friends gifts before. Valentine's Day doesn't just revolve around couples, it's about love in general. Treat your friends, your family, etc. Show them that you love them.

I am happy to be spending the day on my own. I get to go to work, celebrate with the kids, maybe have a drink that night, all I know is that I'm going to be happy, that it's going to be a good day.

What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day? Do you have a date? Do you care if you don't? If you are single, what are your plans? I'd love to know.

Another side note, looking for a date? I'm available! Just kidding. Well, I am available, but unless you want to stay home and play board games or something, try again.