The Forecast Is Calling For Snow, But You Can Catch Me Doing An Anti-Snow Dance

It only took me nearly 21 years, but I have finally understood why adults don't like when it snows.

37

Guess who woke up to a forecast predicting inches upon inches of snow on her birthday? That's right, it was me. Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore snow. As in, I love literally everything about it — the way it falls to the ground, the way it feels in my hands, and the way it covers the Earth. It's absolutely breathtaking.

Except, I'm not really sure I'm feeling it right about now. As much as I love literally everything about the fluffy white stuff, I don't think that this was quite the time of year for it to grace us with its presence. I mean, it's exam season. I don't even know what would happen if it snowed on exam days, but I'm not quite sure I want to find out. Besides that, I would really like to celebrate my birthday, and see my family, you know, on my birthday — and I'm not quite sure that driving is safe, or practical, when snow is slamming up against your windshield and littering the road, and trust me, I know this from experience. Also, I would really like to go home for the holidays, you know, just a little, or a lot. Definitely a lot.

I'm usually dreaming of that white fluff, but not this year. I'm usually the person who turns into a child whenever she hears the word "snow" in any capacity, but not this year. Does this mean that I'm getting older? If it does, I'm not quite sure that I like it. If getting older means that I'm the one begging little kids to stop wishing for snow, then I actually definitely don't think I like it. I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone else, I just don't necessarily want to encourage it. Does that make me sound and feel like a terrible person? Most definitely.

I think that snow is beautiful, magical even, and yet, it isn't always practical, and maybe that's my problem. As much as I love the stuff, it isn't always practical for me to be out of school or class for a few days — and once again, I sound like an adult saying that, and maybe that's the moral of the story.

It only took me nearly 21 years, but I have finally understood the true meaning of why adults don't like it when it snows. Yes, it's gorgeous, but it's also a little inconvenient. As much as I would love for the snow to fall down when I wake up Christmas morning, or really any morning that I am home for break, right now just really isn't the best time. Long story short, I think I have finally peeked in my college adulthood.

Either way, the forecast is calling for snow, and this December, you can catch me doing the anti-snow dance.