You Don’t Need A 'Second Half'

You Don’t Need A 'Second Half'; You Need Someone Who Compliments You

Relationships are partnerships, not a person completing another.

4
https://pixabay.com/photos/hands-love-couple-together-fingers-437968/

In high school, I had two relationships, both during senior year. Don't get me wrong; I've talked to guys other than those relationships, but those two were ones that we actually dated and called each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

From those two relationships, I've learned a lot about myself and what I want in a relationship. I realized that I want stability, trust, and respect. I want someone I can joke with but also be serious with and open up to.

Trust is an important thing to me. If I can't trust you, why are we dating? If I can't open up to you, then what's the point?

A relationship consists of two people being partners in life. We depend on each other. I don't need my "second half" or someone who "completes" me. I need someone who I can be the best version of myself with, someone who makes me better, who compliments me.

I don't believe in "second halves." I don't believe that there's someone out there who completes you. I believe that you have to be the best version of yourself by yourself. I believe that maybe there are soulmates, but they don't complete you. They compliment you. They bring out the best in you.

If there are soulmates, I don't think everyone has one specific soulmate. Some may believe they've found their perfect pairing more than once. Some may never find theirs.

Relationships are partnerships. You go through multiple of them in order to find the ultimate one. The perfect one for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of them. You are the one dating them. They have to be perfect for you, not your family or friends. If they love you, then they'll love your partner.

You don't need someone to complete you. You just need someone who loves you and brings out the best in you.