An Open Letter to my Demons

An Open Letter to my Demons

81
An Open Letter to my Demons
There's no formula for Happiness

To my devoted inner Demons,

How have things been for you? I hope all is well. Moving into this new chapter in my life, I would just like to inform you about some changes this time around. As you know, I did some more fine tuning regrading my insecurities and anxiety. People that have had a positive influence on my life showed me some new tricks and tips. So I would like to share with you the new obstacles you may run into when you try to undermine my success.

1) I have turned my "I can'ts" into "I cans"

I will no longer dwell on what I do not do well or where I come up short when I compare myself to others. Instead, I am going to continually see what I do well and search for how I can become better at something if I get the right kind of help. I am done with constantly comparing myself to others. I need to work at my own pace and only do what I can handle. Through this, I can gradually increase the intensity of whatever I am doing and not become overwhelmed and then find myself in doubt of my abilities. If everyone learned and went about handling the struggles of life the same way, then life would be pretty monotonous. Being different and going at my own pace is okay. I can do this, and I will do it, the best way I can.

2) I have worth

Remember those things you would say every time I looked in the mirror? You always said to me;

"You can't possibly think you look good in that."

"You need lose more weight."

"You're never going to be smart enough, or pretty enough"

Well consider your voices silenced. I am important. I am smart enough. I am good enough. I am worth the fight. Why did I ever let you convince me of otherwise? Goodness, it was silly of me to believe you. People love me the way I am, and they will always continue to love for who I am not.

3) I have the Power

I have a voice and I can use it. I will not let the fear of losing before I have even stepped onto the court intimidate me anymore. I have a mind and it is oh, so wonderfully beautiful and bursting with ideas. Ideas that are worth sharing. I have the power to inspire others even when I think that I have not done anything worth being an inspiration.

So my pretty little Demons, it seems as if you may need to pack up and leave. Your presence is needed no more.