I Don't Live A Goal-Driven Life, And Everything Is Working Out Just Fine

I Don't Live A Goal-Driven Life, And Everything Is Working Out Just Fine

I take one day at a time.

285

I've come to realize that I'll never be the girl who makes a goal board. Do you know the ones on Pinterest? Yes, that's not me. It's not because they're not SUPER cute- because they are. However, I wouldn't have anything to put on it. It's not like I'm wandering around aimlessly with my life, I just don't have any long-term goals.

Sure, I want to graduate from college and become a teacher. After that happens, I don't really have a plan. I don't know exactly what grade I want to teach or what area of Texas I want to stay in. Therefore, the "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question really throws me off. I have no idea where I see myself in 5 days, let alone 5 years from now.

Truly, I take one day at a time. This stresses some people out, which I realize. Some people need long term goals. I'm just not one of them. Taking one day at a time gives me a clear end to my day. If I can get through one day, I can get through the next one. This "not having goals" thing doesn't mean that I don't have a planner.

Because I do. That thing is my lifeline. My entire life is made up of daily to-do lists. Eventually, I get large tasks done. However, I don't focus on the large picture.

Overall, this keeps me calm. Life is going just as I did not plan it. I also trust that God laughs when we make plans, so there's no real reason to make them in the first place. I'm not floating in the wind, but I'd like to think of myself as a kite and God is holding the string. If you're a person who needs a goal board and a plan, I totally support you. If you're someone who has never seen any purpose in a goal board, I also support that too. As long as we all get there, it doesn't matter how.