I stand right by you. I feel your pain.

To The People That Never Get A Vacation

I stand right by you. I feel your pain.

57
To The People That Never Get A Vacation
Clyde Troche

Being a college student and living away from home can be tough. Every day, I search hard for all the reasons to keep pushing and never give up. However, life gets thrown in my path 24/7, and it makes everything so much harder. Sometimes I wish I can come home to my mother's home cooked meals, but I can't.

A message I would like to send to my youth audience is to appreciate all the moments and time with your family. I remember growing up; all the parents would say, "You do not want to grow up yet, stay young and enjoy it." However, our child mentality does not agree or understand why this is said. It is such a true statement. As you get older, everything gets harder. Except for those who are extremely privileged and never have to work a day in their life. Being blessed with this is something you should appreciate every day.

To be honest with you all, I am privileged, and I will admit that. I have been raised and given the tools to succeed in life; to make my life easier. That does not mean that I will fall dependent on my parents. My parents have come so far for my family and me to just cruise along with their work. So even though I am blessed with many privileges, I still believe in working for everything that I want and need. I work 35-50 hours per week to make sure my bills are paid, to make sure that there is food on the table to feed myself and to put me through school. I live pay check to pay check, even when I do not have too. I make these decisions to build responsibility. If I do not work for anything that I want, then I do not deserve to have it.

There will never be an end to the challenges that you will face, but after so much grind and hard work, your opportunities will come. That dream vacation you never had will finally come. You will be sitting in your favorite car one day and enjoy life to the fullest. It will not come as a handout, so a lot of work has to be done. Never quit on your dreams and believe that you can do it. Nothing is more powerful than your mental state! If you convince yourself than you can, you will do it.