19 Thoughts You Have At The Gym

19 Thoughts You Have At The Gym

Its a love/hate relationship, but we can all agree its worth it.

1178
19 Thoughts You Have At The Gym

We all know the necessary struggle that is going to the gym. It is one of the most rewarding, and kindest things you can do for your body. However, it is also one of the most demanding and hardest things you can do for it/put it through, too. It's the sort of situation you get yourself into where you may very well hate yourself for the duration of the activity, but afterwards you'll be amazed at how great you feel. Trust me, it's that amazing feeling at the end of the workout that brings me back to the gym daily. So, here are the thoughts which may or may not (read: they most definitely do) run through my head during my workouts (... hopefully they run through some of yours, too):

1. "Who even invented working out ... honestly ... this is torture."

2. "Where did all these people come from?! I knew I should've gotten here earlier." (Read: get there as early as you want ... gym time is all the time, and there will always be people there.)

3. "Why does every person on the weight floor feel the need to stare when someone walks in the door? Is there something in my teeth?"

4. "Should I start with cardio? Is any time a good cardio time? Better now than never ... I'll use a treadmill, it's perfect because no one's on them!"

5. "Where did you come from, and why do you feel the need to hop on the treadmill right next to mine?"

6. "I feel like I've been running forever ... oh it's only been 10 minutes ... hm."

7. "Is my face really that red? I promise I'm okay people ... Is that my heavy breathing? Jeeze, in through your nose out through your mouth ..."

8. "I swear this workout was easier last time I did it."

9. "Why does that person look so nice? Do they know we're at the gym? I wonder if she's judging me too."

10. "Hey look at all that weight ... I wonder how long I need to work out to lift all that weight ... wait, no ... that doesn't look safe. I don't think I want to do that after all."

11. "Honestly, how does someone even get into such a position."

12. "... I should do abs, and at least pretend to look like I know what I'm doing. Maybe I'll be ambitious, and do squats too. You never know when I'll need to step in and be a Victoria's Secret model. Best to get prepared."

13. "... Maybe I'll wait until someone else uses this machine. Just so I can make sure I'm doing it right."

14. "My phone is like a minute from death ... why didn't I charge this thing before I got here? What if it dies, and I have to do my workout without my workout playlist?! *Gasps*"

15. "I should go to the weight floor ... but maybe not because they can smell fear ... no, I'm going. I have to work out my upper body, too. *Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact*"

16. "Hey, he's attractive. I wonder if he is single ... but alas I look like a tomato right now, and who wants to date a sweaty tomato ... not me."

17. "My body is going to be sore in places I didn't even know existed ... Ugh, it must almost be time to leave!"

19. "Wow, I feel so refreshed. I can't wait to come back, and do it all again tomorrow."