Being A Night Person

9 Things Every Night Owl Up At 3 A.M. Understands, As Told By 'Modern Family'

Night owls, unite!

88
Modern Family (Twitter)
https://twitter.com/ModernFam/status/1085257758528593921

Ever since I can remember, I've been a woman of the night. I don't know what it is, but my mind is more active and awake. There's something about the quiet and calm of the night that every night owl, including myself, finds comforting. Here are nine things every night owl can relate to, as told by "Modern Family" (one of the shows we may binge in the late hours of the night).

1. Telling yourself to go to sleep

Come on, brain, it's 12 a.m., and you need to go to sleep. You know you're going to be tired in the morning. Watching that documentary on bananas and reading that article on the Kardashians can wait. Or, can it? No! Snap out of it!

2. That sudden burst of energy

Okay, you haven't slept and it's 1 a.m. Suddenly, I have an idea for a novel and feel more inspired than ever. Wow, I feel so alive! Who needs sleep?

3. Snacking

Well, I'm already up. Might as well get a bite to eat. What sounds good? A granola bar? Chocolate chip cookie? Eh, I'll get them both. I've earned it.

4. Being jealous of morning people

Sometimes, I can't believe that there are people out there that wake up early. For fun. Just because. How does that even work? Do you know how long it's been since I've seen an actual sunrise? I haven't slept at nine since I was in ninth grade.

5. Counting how many hours of sleep you will get

Okay so if I sleep at 2 a.m., wake up at 7 a.m., that's four hours plus one which means 5five... Great. I'm going to have to take a nap tomorrow. And maybe the day after too. It's fine. I'm fine. Who needs sleep?

6. Regret

Okay, so I slept really late. It's all good. I'll sleep really early tomorrow and become a morning person. New year, new me. I may even try yoga. Or maybe, one step at a time...

7. Late night existential crises

What am I doing with my life? Should I try harder in school? I don't text back fast enough. Do I use too many emojis? Who am I?

8. Is something outside?

Okay, so this is nice. Just me, my phone, my room. Wait, is there something outside? I definitely heard something. God, it could be a murderer. Sigh, maybe I need to go to sleep.

9. The morning after

Oy, my head hurts. Why is everybody already awake? Wait, how is it already 11 a.m.? This is why people set alarms.

How many of these did you relate to?