What To Expect On Bid Night

Twas The Night Before Bid Night

Visions of big/little danced in their heads.

127
Twas The Night Before Bid Night
Jamie Azulay

'Twas the night before bid night when all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. The decorations were hung ALL OVER the house with care, in hopes that new members soon would be there. The sisters were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of big/little danced in their heads. And the recruitment chair waited until the final clap before laying down for a long awaited nap. When the day finally came we arose with a clatter, and as sisters started to gather the house filled with chatter.

Sorority sisters run home on bid night.hercampus.com

There's no simple way to explain bid night to someone who has never experienced it. The anticipation is like waiting for Christmas morning. The preparation is like getting ready for Halloween, and the experience is a self is like no other. Bid night is every sorority girl's most favorite day of the year. It's a chance to celebrate a successful week of recruitment and welcome all of the new members. With costumes, music, cheering, dancing, laughing, food and friends bid night is nothing short of being the best party of the year.

The days before bid night, though, are nearly as special as the actual evening itself. Shirts must be ordered. Costumes and accessories are planned and bought. Crafts are made, and signs are painted. Playlists are arranged and the house gets covered in decorations. Let's not forget about the entire recruitment process that leads up to the big bid night celebrations. Hours upon hours of preparation for recruitment and hours upon hours spent recruiting girls. It is all entirely worth it, though... without a doubt.

Every ounce of energy put into the recruitment process is celebrated in the best way possible. Bid night is the best night.

Sorority sisters dress up to celebrate bid night.Carly Jillson