To My Nieces, Never Forget How Much I Love You Both

You’re the reason I do what I do so I can be the best role model there is.

115
Personal Photo

As you’re growing up, so am I. I may not always be able to spend time with you as much as we’d like but the time I do get to spend with you is irreplaceable.

Mckenna and Harper, you two are the light of my world and the reason I keep going on my hardest days. Every time I had doubts about dropping out of college or giving up on my dreams, your voices and smiles popped into my head. You’re the reason I do what I do so I can be the best role model there is. We’re growing up together and seeing your smiles makes my heart so full. I don’t know where I’d be without you two in my life.

Mckenna, when I found out your mommy was pregnant with you, I was ecstatic. I was jumping up and down with joy due to the fact that I was finally going to have a niece. I was able to be there when you were born or come to see you in the hospital. But the minute I laid on eyes on you, I fell in love. You were the best baby there was - you hardly ever cried and you made every smile with whatever you did. You were so spoiled not by just me, but everyone. No matter who came to see you or what you did growing up, I was proud of you for every milestone - even that sassy attitude you get from your mom and I. I’ll never forget the memories you gave me at such a young age and how hard you could make me smile and laugh in a split second.

You’ll always be my little girl and I wish I could go back to the time you always needed me, whether it was to get you a drink, to feed you, or when you needed me to sleep with you every night and when I didn’t, you would cry hysterically. The little girl who loved the Grinch and had to watch it every night before bed isn’t so little anymore. I love seeing how more mature you’ve gotten and to see your interests change so much. No matter what you go through in life and if I’m far or near, if you need me, I’ll be there.

Harper, oh my sweet little girl. Your smile is so contagious and you’re always happy and so smiley and full of energy. I got to see you and hold you the day you were born and from then on, I fell in love. Your little chunky legs were so cute and as you get older and you’re starting to walk, I can’t help but cry a little inside. You’re growing up so quickly like your big sister and soon you won’t be my baby anymore. But your little sparky personality is going to take you far, you’re so talkative already without being able to form full comprehensible sentences and it makes it so much better because you babble back and even though I don’t know what you’re saying, I know you know what I’m saying.

For both my little angels, I hope that when you both get old enough to understand this and read it, I can be there with you when you do. I can’t wait to make more memories with the both of you and see where life takes you both. I want you to know that no matter how much trouble you get in or if you’re upset, you can call me whenever - even if you just want to talk.

ALWAYS follow your dreams, life will get hard and throw obstacles at you but how you handle them will determine how far you go in life and show you that you can handle anything life throws at you. I will you push you to do your hardest and you may get mad at me, but I only want what’s best for the both of you. I love you both unconditionally and always will.