How Chicken Nuggets Are Important Too

How Chicken Nuggets Are Important Too

Must eat nuggets while reading this.

136
How Chicken Nuggets Are Important Too
Serious Eats

Have you ever had a chicken nugget? Yeah, that’s right I’m asking you about a food group? I mean really though have you ever had one?

if you have then let’s think about this... Was it Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, McDonalds, Dino-Nuggets, Burger King or Grilled Nuggets? Also, if you haven't had Nuggets yet in your life you are now REQUIRED to go get some before you finish this article. It’s okay I'll wait...

.

.

.

.

You good now? Okay good. Now let me also make this argument, if a nugget looks different or is shaped different, is it still a nugget? Should it still be treated the same? I mean obviously, Burger King nuggets want to be treated like royalty and Dino-Nuggets are freaking dinosaurs I mean who doesn't want to eat a dinosaur? But lets actually ponder this for a minute, if things are just shaped different, look different, taste different or something is missing does that mean it isn’t what it is? If the nugget is missing part of the head, or crown or something does that lower it from a nugget to just a fried piece of meat or is it still a nugget?

I think you get where I’m going with this by now. Every single person in this world is different. We all have different ideas, views, looks, race, hair color, religion, and political affiliations but does that mean that if we disagree that we are less than human? With all the negativity that is going around with the election, police brutality and everything that is going on in our world we really need to remember a few key things here.

• Just because something is different it doesn’t make it less than it is.
  • If you disagree with something or someone that doesn’t give you the right to shove your opinion down someone’s throat
  • Respect others. I mean come on now, we are taught this sense wait when did I learn this.. oh yeah PRESCHOOL!!!!
  • Sometimes we will lose.

Take a grilled nugget, they are different than all the rest but they are still nuggets.

If you like Dino-nuggets and someone else likes Chick-fil-a nuggets that doesn’t mean that you can throw Dino-nuggets at that person because you want them to agree with you.

You can’t go stealing people’s nuggets your whole life. That’s not very kind to people who made them and had to actually wait for them to finish cooking.

Sometimes you won’t get the last nugget but that’s okay because this time you didn’t but next time you will try again.

Okay, I know I’m killing this whole nugget thing but do you see how if you change the way you look at something, it seems totally ridiculous? People are throwing temper tantrums because they lost the election? Trust me I get it your frustrated, I was too eight years ago but that doesn’t mean that you need to riot. Protesting your rights is one thing but once it becomes violent that is a whole other thing. Now I’m done ranting but I just wanted to make sure that I made my point.

Now to quote Kid President “go out and make the world awesome.”

Also, if you didn’t go get nuggets at the beginning I think you should now because that’s what I’m going to go do now. Thanks for listening to my rant and please just remember to treat people the way you want to be treated, be kind to all living things, don’t do things to other people’s stuff you wouldn’t let them do to yours and just always remember that there are cameras and some day when you look back on things that you’re doing you may have to look your child in the eyes and be like ‘yes I did do that. I did riot and I was a part of something that got several police killed but I did it for a good reason’. Just remember little kids are watching and you are the people that they look up to.

One last thing...

Be the person you needed when you were a kid. If you can confidently say that you're that, you would be honored to have your kid look up to you then be proud of who you are but if you see that that isn’t who you are then change it, fix it and make yourself better each and every day.

Love, Joy, and peace from my heart to yours.