Don't Worry, You Can Find That Nice Jewish Boy

You will find the one.

567
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

Since Valentine's Day is coming soon, I was thinking about those who are single including myself. Some might be sad that they are single and they have no nope in a finding partner. I am writing this piece for the girls who may have a little trouble trying to find an NJB or just a nice boy.

You might be wondering what is an NJB. NJB: Nice Jewish Boy. If you know me personally, I say a lot of acronyms and this is just one of them that I use in daily conversations with friends. I say this word all the time because I am looking for my NJB but one day hopefully, I will find my NJB!

The definition of an NJB is that he is very attached to his very overprotective mother, likes your mother’s matzo ball soup, and of course is Jewish. Now these days, it has been very difficult for an NJG (Nice Jewish Girl) to find a NJB. Mothers, fathers, grandparents, family, and friends are going crazy because their best friend, daughter, granddaughter can't seem to find an NJB!!

We Jewish girls dream ever since we were little about our future husbands. Going to Hebrew school as a young girl, our teachers told us that it was very important to marry to a Jewish boy. Let alone our mothers and fathers will make sure that we marry a Jewish boy. It seems to be the only reason why our mother nags us so much about finding an NJB because she wants Jewish grandbabies. Every mother’s dream is to have grandbabies and lots of them too.

Imagine this: You are a young girl who is living in a city. You have an incredible apartment that your parents helped you paid for. You have the best of friends and a fabulous job. But the only thing you don't have is love. You ask for your friends, your camp friends, your parents, your co-workers, or anyone on the street to help you find a boyfriend!! You even go to Temple when you don’t want to so you can find someone. Your mother tells the entire Temple that you are single.You even go to the best dinner in your town on an early Sunday morning so you can possibly find a boy that likes bagels and lox. Even when people set you up on blind dates, you will end up thinking that the boy is weird and such a nerd.

Now these days, girls lose hope in trying to find an NJB. My advice to you is: don’t give up! You’ll eventually find an NJB who will love your mother’s matzo ball soup, who will get you pregnant with Jewish babies, love bagels, and lox, will celebrate Shabbat with you, and most importantly will treat you like a princess.

Before I end here, just note that if you are Jewish or not Jewish and you like boys or girls or anyone, just know that the one is waiting out there in the Universe for you! Just be patient because it takes time to find the one!