New Year, New Me?

New Year, New Me?

Out with the old, in with the new.

5
New Year, New Me?
Tumblr

New Year, New Me, right?

Well, sorta. This year, it's not more of resolutions, but more about redefining myself. 2016 put me through enough to show me that I need some adjustment in my life, and here's just a few to pass along.

Accept the past as what it is.

There's nothing you can do to change it. There are no such time machines that will take you back to change or alter what's happened, so work on accepting what is hurting you and pushing you down and work on trying to build yourself up from it.

Cut ALL Negativity from your life.

Do it while you can before it's too late. Even if it's a person you've known for years or for a few days, if they do nothing but ruin your potential to be great, then they need to be kicked to the curb. Life is too short to be sad all the time. Even if it hurts, it's for the best of your health and being.

Be kind in all situations.

Regardless what is thrown your way, do not let it change who you are as a person. If someone slams your name or hurts you, don't attack back. Be the bigger person and try to brush it off of your shoulders and continue to smile. They aren't worth your time, thought, or tears. Kill them with kindness and show how strong you are.

Don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings.

If you feel a certain way about somebody or someone, don't be scared to say it. Your happiness is the most important, do not let anyone take that from you. Even if it hurts you or someone else, just say how you feel. You'll regret not speaking your mind one day, so you might as well start now.

Be honest.

It may sting or burn, but everyone deserves nothing less than the truth. Lying will do nothing but get you in deeper trouble, so just be upfront and tell everything as it is, even if it means losing something or someone. If you did something wrong, own up to it. If you don't it will just eat at you every single day, and it's really not worth it. Just be truthful about everything.

Don't be afraid to be a little selfish sometimes.

It's good to care and love other people, but you need to focus on yourself sometimes. The only way you can love someone else is if you love yourself first. So push other people's problems for a little while, and take care of you and yours. You are worth it too, don't forget that.

Don't make unrealistic goals.

If you aren't going to follow your gym plan you have set in your head, then don't say you'll follow through with it. If you aren't going to eat those healthy foods, then don't say you will. Be honest with yourself. Set smaller goals and work up. Take smaller steps that will add together to create the bigger ones.

Love.

Don't be afraid of falling and getting hurt. No person is the same, and if you got hurt before, don't immediately think you're gonna get hurt again. Everyone is different, and every person you meet will show you something different to love about yourself. Love until you can't love anymore.

Keep your head on your shoulders.

Don't, and I repeat don't, let anyone or anything take away your worth. You are worth everything in the world, despite if you believe so or not, so don't let anyone convince you that you're not. You can get distracted and get off track, but make sure your head is twisted on right and get back on that trail and keep going forward.

Finally, Be happy.

Forget all the awful things in this world and realize that life is too short to be sad. Put a smile on your face and laugh at anything that you find funny. If something makes you smile, don't hide it. Life can be crappy at times but just try to find the positives in everything. Let go of everything and you have bliss.

This past year has been full of experiences for me, admittedly more painful ones than good, but I have not lost focus. I have not lost my worth, and I have accepted it as what it is. In order to live a happy life you need to accept everything as is, and keep pushing forward... Giving up is not an option, even if you feel like the world has completely crashed on top of you. To live is such a beautiful thing, and here is another year of doing so.