Please Be Kind to One Another

New Year's is quickly approaching, and when I think of New Year's, I think of resolutions. Many of the typical resolutions you hear every year include losing weight, being more studious, stop smoking, etc. However, the one New Year's resolution that is rarely thought about is being kind to one another.

In a previous article I wrote, I voiced my opinion in why it is priceless to be a decent human being. Well that still reigns true, or I wouldn't be writing this article to you. The simplest actions can really make someone's day, and makes you feel great as well. Even just sending a text to someone who is in need of encouragement, giving someone a compliment, smiling at someone or giving a hug can change the dynamic of someone's entire day. Always consider what people may be going through in which they may need some positivity.

As youngsters we were taught to treat others as we wish to be treated, while this is so true, we should also think about others the way we wish to be thought of and speak to others in a way that we wish to be spoken of or spoken to.

So what it comes down to for me is, send that text, wish that person good luck, buy that person a coffee, pay someone a compliment, tell that person you love them; life is just too short to have any regrets. Everyone appreciates acts of kindness. Studies have shown that being kind actually makes people genuinely happy on a number of levels.