8 New Years Resolutions That Don't Have To Do With Numbers On A Scale

Your year is worth more than how much weight you lose.

3

Okay, I think it's great to set healthy, weight loss New Years resolutions. I myself have some resolutions concerning a healthier diet and hitting the gym more. Healthier foods, increased activity levels, and for some, even weight loss can really improve the way you feel mentally and physically. I also think its vital to have some resolutions that aren't centered around numbers on a scale because there is so much more to life than that. As the year, and the decade come to a close, I reflect on the padt year and think about what I wan to make sure I do differently in the upcoming year.

1. Spending purposeful time with friends. 

I have actually been pretty good about carving out time for my friends and looking forward I want to keep that up in the second semester and all of 2020, especially as I get ready to say goodbye to a lot of my senior friends who are preparing to graduate and get real, adult jobs.

2. Go outside more. 

During the summer I work full time as a counselor at a summer camp that is all out doors. However, come winter on the east coast, I find myself staying inside more. I want to make an effort to spend a little bit of extra time/ in nature.

3. Reading for fun.

Of course I do all my work for school but being on break has reminded me that I actually enjoy reading, especially when there's no deadline attached.

4. Drinking more water

I drink so much coffee it's not even funny so I feel like I might be dehydrated all the time. In 2020, I'm going to try and up my water intake.

5. Going to Church more.

For me, being Catholic is an important part of who I am but if you're not religious you could try setting aside time each week for meditation/self refection .

6. Doing more service 

It's been too easy for me to get really overwhelmed with everything and to fall behind on doing as much service as I would like. I'm going to try and be more aware in 2020 and try to give back more.

7. Reflection 

I want 2020 to be a year of growth and to do that I plan on reflecting throughout the month on how things are going and what I can do about them in comparison to what things I just need to accept.

8. Less Procrasination 

I know, everyone says this every year. I am going to try and follow the 2 minute rule, if it can be done in two minutes - an email, taking out the trash, picking something up, etc. then I want to do it in that moment and not put it off.