My New Year's Resolution Is To Only Try With People Who Try

I'm sick of being upset about people who shouldn't matter. New year, new people to cut out of my life.

34

I only want people in my life who want me. I only want people in my life who act like they care, who listen to my problems and are simply there for me. I don't care if we spend months not talking to each other. I understand everyone is busy. Trust me. I do the same shit. I will constantly forget to text or call for a long time. But, I will always be there for my friends. I will always be in touch. If you call me at 2 a.m. (and I actually wake up from it), I will answer. I will even go to your house if you really need it. I will always be there for you. I will give advice. I will listen. But, for the people that will not do the same for me, I don't want them in my life.

I have a knack for forgiving too much, too fast, and for always keeping and caring about people who I shouldn't.

I let people in, even when they make me feel like shit. I let people stay in my life even though they let me down constantly.

I am excited to finally fucking stand up for myself. I deserve to enjoy having my friends and family around. I am sick of constantly feeling like I'm not enough because of the people I'm around.

"Why didn't they answer?"

"Why do I always feel like the only one trying?"

"I haven't seen ______ in so long. I tried texting but ______ never responded/the response was a lot of one worded answers"

Some of these responses make sense, people can be busy. I'm busy and I sometimes do shit like this. I eventually respond. Even if its a week later...

I want to keep the people in my life that I know care about me, and who I care about. I don't want the people who constantly let me down and make it seem like they don't want me in their lives. It has killed my self-confidence and has made me feel sad so much.

I want this new year, 2019 to be the happiest year of my life. I want to keep the people in my life who deserve to be there and tell the people who shouldn't be there to fuck off.