13 New Year, New Me Resolutions To Stick To

Happy New Year!

83

Every year your friends will say the annoying phrase, "New year, new me." Everyone usually rolls their eyes and claims whoever you are on Dec. 31 is exactly who you will be on Jan 1. However, I think a new year is a chance for a new start and a fresh slate. Sure, you can't completely erase the past or 2017, but you can go into the new year with goals and the determination to be better and that's exactly what I've done. Here are my goals for a new year, new me:

1. Study hard. Work hard.

Dreams don't work unless you do, am I right? In order to achieve my goals/dreams I need to keep up the hard work and studying. I spent countless nights in the library last year and I'm determined to do it again and keep improving my grades.

2. Make myself a priority.

In 2018, I am making myself and my happiness my number one priority. Don't do anything that doesn't make you happy.

3. Budget. Budget. Budget.

Every year I say I'm going to start saving money and stop blowing it on food, but I am determined. It's time I learn to budget and save money like a real adult.

4. Learn to cook.

No more heating up chicken nuggets or ordering pizza. It's time I actually learnt to cook and eat real meals.

5. Single and fabulous, exclamation point.

Embracing the single life is a number one goal for 2018. No more thinking I need a boyfriend or a guy in my life. If one comes around, then great. But, there is nothing wrong with being single.

6. Drink more water.

Get those ounces in and meet my water goals.

7. Get healthy and feelin' good.

A huge goal is to start living a healthier lifestyle and feeling good about myself.

8. Try new things.

If you ask any of my friends or family, they know I hate trying new things. In 2018, I'm determined to try new things and take more risks.

9. Take a social media break.

I tend to get so wrapped up in social media. I need to learn to take breaks and put the phone down.

10. Be more positive.

I've always been someone who thinks of the worst case scenario of things that could happen, but I have been trying to be more positive and hopeful and I'm going to keep it going into 2018.

11. Get sleep.

I need to get myself on a regular sleep schedule, which is really hard for a college student. But not letting myself stay up till 3 a.m. watching Netflix and then sleeping until noon, will help me feel well rested.

12. Don't skip class.

I set this goal for myself last semester and I actually followed through with it. It felt so good to never miss a class and I definitely saw the improvement in my grades from it.

13. Do what makes me happy.

Literally just do anything that makes me happy and not care about what others may think.