NEW YEAR AND RESOLUTIONS
If you asked me for a New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am. ~ Cyril Cusack.

Happy New Year once again! It’s only the second week of the New Year and one out of the many things still trending in the New Year are 'New Year Resolution(s).’ Many people have different takes on it, but I'm a little bit indifferent about the New Year Resolution thing. I have never really made a New Year Resolution but I remember making one last year but along the way, I was never really faithful to it and at the end of the year, I realized this and also possible things that were responsible for it.

So, before I give a list of possible things to include in your New Year Resolutions this year, I would love to say that one of the things that could make you stay unfaithful to your resolutions is when you decide to make it a ‘normal thing’ to do. Making a New Year Resolution shouldn’t be a thing you have to do because that’s the norm. If that’s why it is done, it’s definitely not gonna bring out the results you envisaged because it is borne out of a wrong motivation. You don’t have to do it because people are doing it. Lastly, your list doesn’t have to be bogus. What are the things you probably feel you need to get better at? Or probably what did you leave undone last year? What are the new things you intend to get your hands on? The list of things to include in your resolutions are endless but it doesn’t have to irrelevant or unnecessary. The purpose is to get better and not to impress yourself by creating a very long list or your friends.

Now let’s get to it, the following are 5 possible things to include in your New Year Resolutions.

1. Stop Procrastinating: Trust me, procrastinating can be quite addictive. It’s so easy to postpone and say ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ and then just like that tomorrow never stops! It takes quite an effort to overcome but you can do it with dedication, consistency and determination.

2. Deal with that struggle: Sometimes, one of the hardest thing to address and deal with is our personal struggles. It’s time to stop denying and accept the fact that what we are going through/struggling with is very real and deciding/opening ourselves up to getting better and thereby embarking on the journey to healing.

3. Eat Healthy: Yes! The junk life is the easiest thing to get addicted to after procrastination. It’s time to drop the sweet/sugary things that endangers our system for the healthy ones. Choose to drop some flaxseeds in your flakes than sugar.

4. Read more: There is no shortcut to getting knowledge except you read! Not just reading anything but reading quality books. Books that cater for our different kinds of welfare from physical to spiritual.

5. Get quality sleep: The place of sleep doesn’t override the place of hard work. You can still get quality sleep while you work hard. Don’t see a movie while you’re supposed to be asleep. This can be quite challenging to achieve but with dedication you can pull it off! To each time, be true! Don’t breakdown due to lack of sleep because when you do, there will be no one to pull the hard work off.

Hope you did find this very helpful? What else are you adding to your list? Cheers to dedication, focus and determination.

Happy New Year!!!