Looking Forward to 2019

10 Reasons I'm Looking Forward to 2019

2018 was a struggle, but I'm going to make 2019 my year!

243
10 Reasons I'm Looking Forward to 2019
https://unsplash.com/photos/BFBAmGePnpU

2018 brought a lot of trial and tribulations my way. I took many difficult classes that I somehow passed. I loss friends and family members, all while trying to build back up my mental health. I made it through 2018, and nothing can tell me 2019 isn't going to be a great year.

Taking the MCAT

Though this isn't necessarily something people are usually excited about, I've been studying for the MCAT for a month now, and I'm so stressed. And I still have three more months to go. I can't wait to take it, and be done with it!

Applying for Med School

I've been working for this my whole academic career. And the day I submit my applications for med school will make all the tears and long night worth it!

Graduating

College has been one of the most mentally tolling things I have ever done, but just like sending in my med school applications, it will all be worth it when I walk across that stage and receive my diploma.

Going to New York

It's been a long time since I've been home to New York. I can't wait to visit my family, and just be around the great atmosphere and excitement you only get when you go to New York. As well, I plant to scope out some medical schools while I'm there, which will make this new transition in my life feel all the more real.

Going to Tennessee

I've never really been to any state besides New York and Florida. I'm excited to embark on this service trip will my fellow Bulls, and experience a new place while simultaneously educating myself, others, and providing a positive service through Bulls Service Trip

Turning 21!

Of course turning 21 is something everyone looks forward to! It's not even about the drinking (even though that's definitely gonna go down), but it's just the feeling of turning 21. It's a right of passage. And I can't wait!

Getting My Dog Certified as a Therapy Dog

My puppy has changed my life since I got him in August. He is prescribed to me as an emotional support animal, and the moment I got him I went from having 2-3 panic attacks a week, to maybe once a week. And when I do have a panic attack, he is the most supportive thing ever! I know that he has the capabilities to bring the same positivity to others. I hope that this year I can start the process of getting him certified as a therapy dog, and hopefully volunteer at the VA

Getting my RBT License

I have worked with people and children with disabilities for the last five years, and I have a strong passion for it. This year I hope to finally become a registered behavioral technician so my job can become something I've always loved, rather than just a job.

Spending more time with family

After graduating, I know I will have so much more time to spend with my family. They have been my rock through the last three years of college. They understand when I can't talk on the phone. They understand when I can't come home as often. And I just can't wait to come home for a few weeks and spend some time with the people I love

Having a great year!

With all the greatness I have to look forward to this year, I have no doubt that this year will surpass 2018!

Happy New Year!!!