We NEED A Class In College On How To Do Our Taxes And These 10 Other Things We Are Never Taught

College isn't the most stressful tme of your life.
183

It has always bothered me how people expect so much from us as college students to get good grades in all these general education courses, but they never teach us the important things. Colleges should have a course that is dedicated to teaching students all the life lessons needed to be able to survive in the real world.

1. Taxes

How many of you know how to file your taxes? What about how they even work? There are very few people who truly know how to do their taxes so they have to pay a tax professional to do this for them.

2. Paying bills

Monthly bills are frustrating. You have to start thinking about them right after you paid the last month. This is so that you spend your money wisely that month and are able to pay them off the next time without struggling to find the money.

3. Credit cards

Credit cards are a difficult concept. Yes, you can spend money using them and pay it off at the end of the month. What people don't realize is that irresponsible spending will hurt your credit score and prevent you from being approved to buy a house or a car in the future.

4. Insurance

There are way too many insurance policies for many different things. It's impossible to know which insurance policy works best for you and what they all do.

5. Changing a tire

Do you know what tools, besides a spare tire of course, that you would need to change a flat tire or how to change one in general? Not many people do.

6. Laundry

Laundry is simple as long as you know the obvious: never mix reds and whites or you'll get pink clothes.

7. Cleaning

It's a surprise knowing how few people know how to clean the house. All you need are the correct supplies and then read the directions on the back of the containers.

8. Cooking

OK, I need to admit, I am one of those people who does not know how to cook anything other than pasta, but I still believe it is important to learn.

9. Dating and relationships

Many people know nothing about dating, which means they do not know how to begin a relationship.

10. Survive without technology

People nowadays are stuck in the world of technology. Sometimes you need to unplug and look at the world around you through your own eyes and not a screen.

11. Time management

Teachers always expect us to know time management by now. The truth is, we have never been properly taught how to manage our time so it is still difficult for us most of the time.