The Time I Went To College Station
Dating

Yet Another Reason To Never Set Foot In College Station, TX

Part 1 of a 2 part adventure in College Station

1039

After that night with Cesar, Mallory and I settled down a bit. We went out of course, but we were just us doing the usual, going out, having fun, making little memories that we can cherish on our personal time. Nothing too significant happened between the time of our experience with Cesar, and what I'm about to explain next.

So, long ago, way back when, UT and TAMU had once been CRAZY rivals. The ultimate Texas rivalry was something that most people would call iconic, historical, and of course traditional, which explains why now that the rivalry is gone, TAMU continues to be obsessed with us *cough* *cough*, but that's beside the point. The point here is that even though we were considered enemies by tradition, I still had very close friends that went to TAMU, which brings me to my reasons as to why Mallory, Cesar, and I made our way down to Yee Haw central. Here's where you can grab a snack and make yourself comfortable because of this story...WHEW CHILE...this story is a wild ride. (get it because they ride horses to class lmao).

It all began when one of my close girlfriends had been sad for a MINUTE over a guy. Her name is Cristal, she's smart, so determined, and when I say she's the most driven person I know I mean it to the highest of standards. She just so happened to go to college with an old ex of hers which, at times made things difficult as it would for anyone. Talking to Cristal and Cesar, and after realizing how much we all really needed to see each other together; Cesar decided that we would go to College station to visit Cristal. We decided this about the beginning of the week, so plans were changing constantly. We had planned to stay overnight, then last minute plans changed where we would come back the same night.

So fast forward to the day, we left to College Station. That day was interesting, we had originally planned on leaving early to get there a little early, but things changed. Cesar was driving, which from Austin, College Station is about 2 hours away. He picked us up around 6:45 pm and we didn't leave Austin until 7ish, mainly because Mallory was dying of hunger, so we had to make a stop at the nearest Whataburger. So finally, after we made it through the long line, we finally were on the way. The drive didn't feel too long and was very scenic. There were trees everywhere, so coming from the city and good cell service to trees and 1 bar E network was different, but all in all, it was a good drive! We made it to Cristal's dormitory and parked around 9-9:30ish, where we then headed up to her room. Now, Mallory and I had the bright idea to ware nothing but Longhorn gear on this campus and create a vlog for our YouTube channel on how the night would go. It wasn't until actually making it on campus and walking around in burnt orange EVERYTHING, that we had realized the bold move we had made. AGGIES HATE THE COLOR ORANGE! Let that be known! And they oddly love making this hissing noise, maybe someone should talk to them about that because it's actually kinda weird.

Anyways, after filming a bit of footage for our Vlog in her room and catching up a bit, Cristal decided to take us to the famous Northgate. Northgate is the Equivalent to our sixth street. Northgate just so happens to also be the only place in college station that students have to party at, eat at, shop at, etc. She took us to this super country burger bar, where we got harassed continuously for wearing and ROCKING I might add, our burnt orange gear. Eventually sitting and talking, we had concluded that the night was young, and we wanted to go out, so Cristal told us she would take us to this bar/club known as Shiner. It's apparently the place to be if you are a student, like to dance, and just have fun.

We had to walk back to Cristal's room so she could get ready to go out. While on our way back Dick had texted us that he was on his way to College Station as well to meet up with an old friend of his. We really do live in a small world, let me tell you because turns out this "old friend" was someone Mallory and I had gone to middle school with, someone who had already hit me up on snap saying we should all go out together in College Station since we were there. We hadn't put two and two together that this was the guy that Dick was talking about, until Dick mentioned his name, Rich. Rich is the last name that everyone calls him, and he is a first-year student at TAMU. He's honest, kind, humble, a die-hard country fan and a good country dancer at that. He's also the kind of guy that is so laid back that you cannot have a bad time with him, ever. After concluding that Dick and Rich had already known each other, we had told them we would be down to all go out together as a group, so eventually, after Cristal had finished getting ready, we met up with them and went to Rich's room to pregame.

Mallory and I didn't really drink much but a sip, while everyone else was drinking on various things. Cristal took a few sips of a drink to try it, but since it was her first time drinking anything, it low-key hit her LIGHTLY. After we had finished drinking, we headed out. On our way there, Rich was trying to teach Cristal and me how to hit a Juul, which was horrible because we did NOT know what we were doing, which led to us wasting a large amount of the pod.

We got to Shiner Park and one by one we made our way in, however, Dicks dumbass got caught using his fake by the bouncer at the door. So, after we handled that situation, we headed straight to the dance floor. Mallory and I danced country for the first time, got hissed at by multiple aggies, and made new friends. The night was filled with fun. Cristal enjoyed herself, for Cesar it was a new experience, and for us, it was a new form of fun, fun we never really had experienced before.

After the bar began to close, we headed out to find somewhere to eat. It was around 2 am when the bar closed, and we were searching for someplace open to catch a bite to eat. We finally found a McDonalds, where we wasted another hour waiting for our food and eating. Eventually, we had taken Cristal back to her room. She felt better after dancing off her buzz and eating something. She led us back to her room, where we left her at the entrance of her dormitory. The time now was about 3:30ish, and we looked at Cesar and he decided that we were still going to drive back to Austin at this time. Yes, I know, we're CRAZY. So, we piled up in his car and started our way back.

I fell asleep for the majority of the drive back and woke up around 5 am to go into my room. We walked in and immediately knocked out. Val had to work the next morning so naturally, we woke up around 11 am, When the phone rang. It was Dick and Rich. They called to talk about a recap of the night, something that has become a tradition with us. And then they said IT. They said the magic words that when said to Mallory, you instantly knew things were going to get interesting. They uttered the words, "Come to College Station tonight…YOU'RE NOT DOWN". After that was said, Mallory looked over at me, giving me the look, she gives when she has something up her sleeve. And by 9 pm that night, the same day we were on our way back to College Station. Stay tuned for the rest…