10 Netflix Suggestions For Your 'Hurrication'

High-quality entertainment for this low-quality weather.

235

If you live in South Carolina and have entered a grocery store, it's clear to see that it is hurricane season. Flooding and hurricanes have occurred four years in a row, making this weather pretty normal around this time. This year, hurricane Florence is predicted to hit the Carolinas directly. Students may be thankful for the break to catch up on school work or may even evacuate home. Regardless, weather like this calls for a nap and binge-watching Netflix.

Whether you're working hard or bored at home, here are 10 Netflix suggestions for your hurricane break.

Criminal Minds

Who doesn't love a good crime show? This series has been one of my favorites since my freshman year of high school. It's about serial killers and FBI profilers who catch them. It also shows how the team copes with these situations in and out of the office. There are twelve seasons and almost 280 episodes, which should hopefully be more than enough to get you through the hurricane.

When We First Met

This movie is about a guy who finds a time machine that takes him back to the night he supposedly met the love of his life. He keeps changing things in hopes to eventually win the girl over. It's full of comedy and definitely worth the watch.

Riverdale

This series is about a small town that has a lot of secrets and drama. Teenagers have to deal with their family drama and figure out what led to the death of one of their fellow classmates. Cole Sprouse is one of the main characters, so that's a reason in itself to watch. It only has two seasons so far but is full of crime, mystery and plot twists.

Brain on Fire

This is a movie based on a journalist who got an unknown illness that caused her to become hospitalized. Doctors could not give her a diagnosis but her family was determined to find one. This movie was based upon true events which makes it so much more interesting. Chloë Grace Moretz is the lead and does an amazing job as the actress.

Gossip Girl

Anything with Blake Lively is worth watching, so here's a series that she's famously known for. These shows take place in Manhattan and show what drama private-school teens can get into. While they think they can get away with these malicious acts, a mysterious blogger is watching their every move and posting all of the tea.

Last Chance U 

This series is based on football players that have gone through hardships. They go to junior colleges in hopes to turn their lives around and make it on a professional team. The show presents how hard the players work as well as their teachers and coaches. It also shows what they do in the classroom, not just the field. There are four seasons, three pertaining to the first junior college, EMCC and the other about a totally different junior college in Indiana.

The Kissing Booth

Elle, played by Joey King, and her best friend have a set of rules they live by. One is that older brothers are off limits to date. Elle is secretly crushing on her best friend's brother but doesn't want to ruin their friendship. Eventually, she has to decide who to choose.

The Flash

I'm not one for superhero shows but I ended up loving these. The cast is perfect for this series and especially Grant Gustin, who plays The Flash. There are four seasons, so pace yourself; you'll binge watch them so quick you won't know what to do when they're over.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

This is a romantic comedy that features an Asian-American woman, Lana Condor, as one of the leads. She writes letters to five of her crushes and keeps them in hiding until they are sent out. She then has to deal with the repercussions and ends up "pretend" dating one of the guys, Peter, who is played by Noah Centineo. Lana and Noah are a duo like no other, making this one of my favorite movies.

Friends

You could have guessed that this TV series was going to make the cut. A group of six friends in their twenties deals with love, drama and friendship over the course of ten years in New York. There are a total of 236 episodes, full of comedy and awkward situations. This series is the one you can't stop watching.

If you're drowning in assignments and need a break or just wishing you were back on campus (instead of at home), these recommendations should keep you occupied until we get back on a normal schedule.