5 Netflix Shows That Will Change Your Life

A list of TV Shows that are critical to watch at some point, and that will definitely make an impact on your life.

856
Huffington Post

If I can be considered an expert on anything, it's Netflix. I truly believe that life without Netflix would be a horrible and unworthy place. What did I even do before Netflix was created? How did I procrastinate? Did I really watch commercials and wait a whole week for a new episode? The thought of living without Netflix again makes me cringe.

Because of my expertise, I have compiled a list of TV Shows that I think are critical to watch at some point in your life, and that will definitely make an impact:

1. Friends

If you have never seen an episode of this show, then you probably live under a rock. It wasn't until recently that I actually sat down and watched the whole series from beginning to end, and let me tell you, that it completely makes a difference. Watching one episode, out of sequence, does the show no justice. Besides being absolutely hilarious, the bond that you see strengthen between these six people is undeniable.The show makes you want to have friends like these cast members. Besides their friendship, the fact that they seem to have just as much trouble "adulting" as the rest of us, makes the whole world feel a little bit easier,

2. Last Man Standing

I actually just found this show about a month ago, and yes I finished it (in about a week). If you love Tim Allen, then this show is a must. Not only is the show completely witty and entertaining, but they make fun and poke jokes at Home Improvement and The Santa Clause. Like I said, you may need to be a Tim Allen fan to get this one. Now is definitely the time to watch this show. With the election just weeks away, there is nothing that the members of this cast are afraid to say. Tim Allen and his character on the show are die hard Republicans, so if you're a Democrat that may be offended, this is probably not a good show to watch. The things said are priceless and the family that is portrayed on the show is amazing. Good news: The show is still running!

*In case you do not understand this picture, this is Randy Taylor from Home Improvement.

3. Gilmore Girls

Thank god that this show is coming back! Four parts coming to Netflix on November 25th, and I cannot wait, If you like sarcastic, witty humor and a great story line, then this show is another must watch. The relationship between mother, Lorelai and daughter, Rory, is tested, but ends up stronger than any mother-daughter relationship you will ever see. Through heart breaks, high school and college drama, and many fights along the way, this show will make you crave a relationship with your mother like the one between Lorelai and Rory.

4. Grey's Anatomy

Yes, this show is an amazing medical drama, but what many people don't see is the words of wisdom and lessons learned from Meredith Grey along the way. From learning to let herself love to losing the people that she loves, this show will have you crying almost every episode. You will fall in love with the characters, the drama, and the lessons that are so graciously slipped into every episode.

I have the first half of this quote tattooed on my side. It helped me get through some of the toughest times of my life thus far, so thank you Meredith Grey.

5. Friday Night LIghts

From the first episode of the first season, this show is heart-wrenching. Even though it took me a few episodes to get hooked, I finally was. Scott Porter portrays Jason Street, a high school quarterback who is paralyzed in the first episode. He learns that he may never walk again and his dreams of playing pro football are over. Folks, this is in the first episode! The series continues to follow Jason and his friends through their lives in Dillon, Texas. The respect that you will have for these football players and feelings that will overwhelm you make this show a must watch,

These are five of my must watch Netflix shows, and I think that they are totally worth the time it takes to watch them, which for me was probably two weeks. Now go Netflix and chill.