Here's My Take On Netflix's New Movie "Let it Snow"

In a world full of terrible cheesy Christmas movies, this movie was a pleasant surprise.

4
https://images.app.goo.gl/V4EpZp5zgnuxsNRH9

Every year when the pumpkins get taken down and the Christmas trees get put up, Hallmark and Netflix like to flood our "To Watch" lists with Holiday movies. And no matter how many "new" movies that come out, we all seem to feel like that we're watching the same film. But this year, Netflix came out with a new movie called Let it Snow (directed by Luke Snellin).

When I saw Netflix was finally releasing this movie, I was excited for it; it's loosely based on a book of three short stories by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle. It's about a group of teenagers in a small storm that find themselves stuck in a snowstorm.

But, if you're excited to watch the movie because of how much you loved the book, you will be disappointed. The movie is nothing like the book; new storylines and characters were written in while others were taken out. The movie was completely different, however, I still enjoyed the movie.

The cast was very charming. None of the actors are "A-list actors," but they all had that face where you could recognize them from a different television show or movie. The characters worked great with each other and the couples had great chemistry, specifically Julie (Isabela Merced) and Stuart (Shameik Moore).

Would I call it the new Love, Actually or Elf? Absolutely not. The plot lines were enjoyable, but there was nothing special about it. But none the less, it was a good movie.

Everyone seems to think that if it's not an instant classic like The Santa Clause or The Grinch it's just a bad movie. This movie has a pretty basic storyline, but the cast, witty lines, and amazing soundtrack give it just enough of "Christmas magic" to make it enjoyable.

So, if you're a sucker for Christmas movies, and you're stuck inside on a cold and snowy night, pop some popcorn and brew some hot cocoa and give this movie a chance.