Netflix binge-watching is a relatively new phenomenon. It consists of hours in front of your laptop or TV, getting caught up in a drama-filled world of fiction. Some see it as a blessing, others a curse. Whichever you believe, if you are a Netflix Binger, you definitely can relate to the following:
1. Time doesn’t exist...
2. And neither does sunlight…
Unless the red glow from Netflix's main page counts.
3. Sometimes you'd rather watch Netflix than go out
(More like all of the time.)
4. People are either impressed with your abilities...
or concerned about your commitment to fiction...
5. Either way, you think your TV watching skills are pretty top notch
6. Catching up with a show after binge-watching a few seasons is rough
One episode a week is not nearly enough!
7. Vacations mean more time for Netflix
Who needs to go outside and socialize anyway?
8. It's inevitable to lose track of how many times “Next episode playing in __ seconds” has popped up
9. Watching one season in a week is child’s play
10. You always click “skip recap”
You don’t need a refresher when you’ve been watching the same show for seven hours.
11. You get too emotionally invested in the characters’ lives
12. You have dozens of Netflix shows to recommend to friends
Supernatural, One Tree Hill, The Office, Gilmore Girls, The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, The Flash, Sherlock, Arrow, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon a Time, Stranger Things...need I go on?
And when you get them hooked, you think:
13. You’ve had many internal debates on whether or not you should go to bed
You: you have to be up early in the morning
Also You: keep watching, you have to find out what happens next
14. “Just one more” never means just one more
And when your friends ask you if you kept watching even though you said you would take a break, you give them this face:
15. The theme song of your current Netflix binge becomes your jam
16. In every show you watch, there’s that one character that you hate with a burning passion…
*cough* Dan Scott *cough*
17. And there’s always that character that you adore and want to protect at all costs
18. You are lost when you finish a series
19. "I have to go get some work done now" is code for "I have to go watch Netflix until I'm exhausted and don't have time to actually be productive"
20. You know you should probably cut back on Netflix, but you couldn't care less
It's basically your boyfriend/girlfriend, why break up with someone so reliable? ;)