Neighbors Helping Neighbors

The Power Of Neighbors Helping Neighbors Especially Those Who Are Affected By The Fires

Neighbors aren't limited to just the people down the street.

39
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217536333546133&set=g.1866029840370593&type=1&theater&ifg=1

Fires are very devastating. We all know this. Land and homes are destroyed and precious family heirlooms and possessions become ash. You can't fully understand the magnitude of a fire unless you have experienced it. But through these hard times, one gets to also experience the power of being a neighbor.

Currently, firefighters and farmers in Washington are working hard to finish putting out the Angel Springs Fire that has consumed a couple structures and tons of land and fields. These fields are more than just acres of land, they are people's livelihood and income. It's hard to encourage people to stay strong when so much has been lost.

So what do we say or do for those who are risking their lives to put out these fires as well as the families who are waiting eagerly to hear any sort of news on the status of their homes in the line of fire?

First of all, realize that you are not alone. Be a neighbor and be kind to others. Neighbors are more than the people who live down the street from you. They are the community you call home, they are the people who want to check up on you. They are the people who ask you, "Is there anything we can do to make this easier for you?" They are your family, the people who watch your kiddos for you while you go and collect things from your home or stress about finances.

Another way to be beneficial and encouraging to your neighbors who are affected by the fires in Washington, California, Canada, and everywhere else at this current moment is by being constant and patient. When we are in the thick of it and there is so much going on it's hard to remember to respond back to a ton of messages sending well wishes and prayers and condolences. It can be overwhelming. As well as being stressed, there is this level of bitterness and we don't want to hear it at the moment. But this is where your patience is needed most. In time, we will see how blessed we are to have people who care.

To those who have been affected by these fires either directly or indirectly, know that you are not alone and we have your back. To ALL the people working hard to put out their fires and save homes and lives, we thank you so much. There are not enough words to express our gratitude for you. Thank you for your sacrifice for our safety. And thank you to the families of these firefighters, farmers, linemen, EMT's, military, and anyone I am forgetting at this moment. Thank you, families, for sacrificing your time with your loved ones in order to allow them to be our heroes. You belong in the hero category.