Enjoy Nature While You Can

Go Outside And Enjoy The Beauty Of Nature, You'll Thank Yourself For It

A trip doesn't have to be huge and involve a lot of details to be fulfilling. Don't underestimate the little joys in nature.

78
Loui Wenig

Nature is the most beautiful thing ever. Everything about God's creation is devastatingly gorgeous. Do you ever get that feeling in your chest that aches when you feel something so much but you don't know how to express it? I get that feeling in my chest when I see something in nature that is so beautiful, I can't even put it into words.

September 2018, a friend and I went on a road trip and we basically winged the whole entire thing, except for where we were staying and the date we were coming back, that's all we were sure about. We headed up to northern Minnesota early one morning and reached our destination on the scenic drive of highway 61 later that afternoon.

Immediately we went down to the cliffs on Lake Superior and just watched the waves. It was foggy out that afternoon and night and made for a beautiful sight on the water. We sat there for over an hour in silence just listening to the waves and my chest was aching with that feeling I couldn't explain. If I could have sat there for forever, I would have.

That week we went up to Canada, swam in Lake Superior, looked at the waves crashing on the cliffs, and went on really long walks. Some of the most beautiful places that I've seen to were on that trip and I would go back to those places in a heartbeat. Some might think that an ocean is prettier than a lake but Lake Superior in the morning before the world is awake, is one of the most beautiful sights that I've ever seen. The sun shines so brightly on the water that sunglasses are preferable, the water is absolutely still on a quiet day and the ships in the distance sail by in time that seems to go by so quickly.

Don't underestimate the beauty of a small trip or getaway. There's so much to see in this world and if we let other things cloud our minds, like the fear of not having enough of something or posting things on social media or whatever it may be, then we're going to miss out on the things of this world that are here in the moment and have an incredible impact on who we are. Something doesn't have to be far to be beautiful.