Natural Styles I Am Looking Forward to This Fall

The perfect time to try out some new styles that I know will keep me warm!

39

Autumn is upon us, and I have been rocking my crochet bohemian braid and natural hair all summer long! Now that the leaves are changing and air is getting colder, there are some wonderful styles I cannot wait for.

1. Box Braids

Box braids are so versatile. They can go up and down. You can add a streak or some color towards the bottom. You can pair them with clips or beads, but the best thing is that they are long. These long braids can act as my scarf when I forget mine. They can wrap around my neck on the cold walks from class. Also, if I get them done as a crochet braid set, they can protect my hair while reinforcing my braiding pattern.

2. Faux Locs

Faux locs do not have to be long, but they are thick. Their thickness provides warmth, but they are also very versatile. Personally, I am going to stay away from coloring my locs unless I go with an ombre or buy them in a colored pack.

3. Corn Rows

Long big cornrows are not as versatile, but they do look very well and are extremely easy to do. The thickness also provides warmth during the chilly nights.

4. Bomb Twist Out

During the colder months, I do not like to wear my natural hair. Mostly because my natural hair can easily become dried out and with the constant styling every night it can shed a lot and be more prone to breaking off. But this is definitely something I can try to accomplish in between my protective styles of braids.

5. Scarf Wrap

If there is ever a bad hair day you can definitely make it work with a scarf. I think a scarf is so beautiful and can definitely spruce up an outfit.

6. Something Colorful

I love color in the summer, but I have always stayed away from an unnatural color. The winter is the perfect time to experiment. I am definitely thinking that a burgundy can bring in the fall spirit.

7. Curly Blowout

I have always done the crochet bohemian twist, but this winter I really want to try marley hair. I want to learn how to curl it and straighten it. Marley hair is so versatile and holds heat better than my natural hair.

8. Big Hair

Big hair = Warm hair. My natural hair is beautiful, so a wash and go before it gets too cold is definitely on my radar.

9. Sengelease Twists

Sengelease twists are so empowering to me. I have no idea why, but they are fabulous. They go with every outfit. Twists are also light compared to some braids and they are definitely versatile.

10. Sassy Haircut

Unlike most people I definitely love to wear my hair out in the summer. Therefore, if I cut any of my hair it will be during the fall season in order for there to be a time for my hair to grow back.

And to all my lovely naturalistas, what styles are you looking forward to in the fall season?