5 Natural Makeup Tutorials By Tati For Beginners

Other people: what if I don't get a job after graduation?? Me: what am I going to do without my best friends to do my hair and makeup every day??

292
Tati Westbrook

Hi, my name is Sarah, I’m 21 years old, and I’m a total makeup newb.

Don’t get me wrong -- it’s not that I’ve lived under a rock my whole life or been an anti-makeup activist until I had some life-changing epiphany. I was simply never taught the ins and outs, the whats and how-tos.

I grew up with a mom and two sisters whose definitions of makeup included a smidge of eyeliner and a bit of mascara. They were so busy with school or sports, with this committee or that club, and were focused on investing their time and money into those activities, not into makeup (it didn’t hurt that they were those kinds of women who could pull off the au naturel look just as well as someone who had spent copious amounts of time perfecting their makeup, either).

I, on the other hand, was interested from a young age. Left to my own devices, a large part of my junior high years were spent in a Jenny Humphrey-style eyeliner phase. Needless to say, I was more than slightly scarred by the time I reached high school...so I decided to make a change.

Instead of finding a happy medium like a normal person, I swung to the completely opposite end of the spectrum and practically swore off of makeup, becoming the ultimate (AKA dramatic with a capital D) advocate of natural beauty and guilting anyone who tried to hide their beauty with the pure evil that was makeup.

When I finally broke out of my teenage drama queen stage and went to college, I realized it was less a dislike of makeup and more a fear of it. I had NO idea what I was doing, no idea what to use or how to use it.

So what did I do? I got my own personal stylists -- two best friends who were makeup and hair gurus and saved me every time I wanted to look presentable (those poor souls). I joked about how I would be lost without them, half-laughing/ half-crying about how after graduation I wouldn’t know what to do with myself because I wouldn’t be able to do my own hair or makeup. And now, at the end of my junior year, I realized how much truth was in my jokes.

Thus, we come to the beginning of my makeup-learning journey. If you’re like me, you don’t want to be all dolled up every day, so a fresh-faced look for school or work (preferably one that takes less than 10 minutes -- ya girl needs her beauty sleep) is what I want to master first.

Lucky for newbs like me, Tati Westbrook, the GlamLifeGuru, has a TON of awesome tutorial videos. She’s funny, talented and gives honest reviews -- she’s pretty much my new best friend.

That being said, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone, venturing into the scary cosmetic aisles of the store, and armed with makeup-remover wipes, I am taking my first plunge into Makeup-Land with these four Tati tutorials:

1. "EASY EVERYDAY MAKEUP TUTORIAL"

2. "EASY EVERYDAY MAKEUP | Tutorial"

3. "QUICK NATURAL SUMMER MAKEUP | 5 Minutes to Flawless"

4. "MY FIVE MINUTE MAKEUP ROUTINE | Tutorial"

Wish me luck!