Stop Telling Women They Look Better Without Makeup

Stop Saying Women Look Better Without Makeup, We Literally Do Not Care

We don't care that you like "natural" better than glam.

756

Ladies. We've all been in that situation where we go out wearing our everyday natural makeup routine, and someone points out how much they love our makeup. You're about to say "thanks," before they interrupt with something like, "So much better than all that heavy makeup all those other girls wear!" Yikes. Would they believe you if you told them you were wearing a full face right now?

Let's not forget the girls that brag about not having to wear makeup like "everybody else." They ramble on about how all they need is a little mascara and lip gloss. Since when are those not considered makeup items? Please.

There's even the idea that girls that cake their face with makeup should be ashamed for "catfishing" men into believing they're prettier than they actually are.

We thought it was common sense that of course we weren't born with glittery eyelids and bold red lips.

Can we stop shaming women for wanting to wear makeup? And men! Honestly. It's getting tiring. We get it, you prefer to not wear foundation and you like your natural brows, but how does that make you any better than us? We know that we definitely don't look the same when we wake up with a naked face as we do when we're wearing full glam on a night out in the city. Also, this should go without saying, but telling us we look better without makeup isn't really a compliment. DUH.

There's this stigma behind makeup that because we wear so much, we hate the way we look. Not true. Wearing makeup has so many purposes for those who wear it - people want to enhance their own beauty, but also be creative and entirely change the way they look, and that's okay. What people have to understand is: We don't wear makeup for you. We wear it for ourselves. There's no reason for there to be so much judgment about who wears what and how much.

I get complimented all the time for my "natural beauty" by the same people that often put down others for wearing more makeup than I do. Want to know what my everyday makeup consists of?

Here's the list: primer, eyebrow pomade, eyebrow gel, foundation, concealer, setting powder, bronzer, blush, highlight, mascara, and gloss. So much for natural. I like the way I look without makeup, but seeing how it enhances my features makes me happy!

The amazing thing about makeup is that there's a community of people who have a passion for it, and love and support for one another. From YouTube makeup gurus to Facebook groups, there are so many people wanting to share their creativity with one another and embrace beauty amongst everyone and not only from the outside, but within.

So, when you walk down the street, compliment that girl's eyebrows. Tell that guy that his lipstick is a mood. When you find yourself mentally judging someone for wearing "too much," remind yourself that beauty comes in all forms, and is more than just what you find attractive.

From Your Site Articles