When I was first going natural in 2014, I didn't understand the concept of not putting heat into my hair for my curls to actually show. I was still flat ironing my hair every week or two.

When I finally decided to take the health of my hair serious in 2015, I began by cutting it very short. I then tried Bantu knots to see how my hair would look in its natural state, I wasn't a fan. So, I began wearing protective styles such as braids, weaves, and wigs.

As my hair grew underneath my protective styles I began to love my length and curls. I finally started wearing my hair out in 2016 when I first moved to Alabama to attend college. I would occasionally still wear protective styles but not nearly as often.

In 2017, I still only did twist outs on my hair because I didn't know what product combination to use to get other styles I wanted. Now in 2018, I still use protective style every couple of months but I am focused on the health of my hair.

I also recently began trying different hairstyles to just not always be stuck doing the same things every week. Look out for a blog about when I got my hair colored blue during the summer of 2018 and what led me to do it. Also, I will be posting about my wash day and what products I use to achieve certain hairstyles.

1. The Big Chop

January of 2015

2. Sew Ins (weave)

January 2016

3. Braids

July 2017

4. Natural Hairstyles

August of 2017

5. Natural Afro

June 2018

6. Coloring My Hair Blue

June of 2018

7. Natural Hair 4 year Anniversary

January 2019