The Beauty Of Our Annual Holiday Events

The Beauty Of Our Annual Holiday Events

A can't miss holiday event

4
wtop.com

President Obama plugged in the 93rd annual National Christmas Tree on December 3rd this year, and you can watch in on PBS again this year!

GE Lighting designs and decorates the tree with homemade ornaments from across the country as part of the “America Celebrates” display by 56 artists. That, and the souvenir ornament, will be available to visit all December long.

Fall Out Boy, Andra Day, Tori Kelly, Trombone Shorty, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Aloe Blacc, Kelsea Ballerini, and Joyous String Quartet performed on the third. The United States Military Band also performed at the event.

This American tradition started in 1923 with President Coolidge when he lit a 48-foot tree at the White House. Now the tree is much larger to rival the grandeur of New York City’s tree in Rockefeller Center.

The tickets have already been allocated last month by a lottery system, but be sure to watch the event online at thenationaltree.org or on PBS. And definitely take the time to go visit the tree before going home for Christmas break!

Yep, it's summer, but why can't we look ahead for Holiday Nostalgia and embrace an amazing tradition?