Mysteries Of The Bible Solved?

Mysteries Of The Bible Solved?

Here are 10 People in the Bible that You May Not Have Known Were Black.

164
Mysteries Of The Bible Solved?

There is mounting evidence from archaeological sites, theologians, biblical scholars and studies that certain historical figures in the Bible were of African origin--aka black. Certain parts of Africa and their people are referenced in the Bible which makes this even more intriguing. Some references include a verse in the Book of Psalms 72:15 that states "Long may he live; may gold of Sheba be given to him! May prayer be made for him continually, and blessings invoked for him all the day!". In ancient times the land of Sheba is what is now known as Ethiopia.

Another verse in Acts 8:27-28 says that "He arose and went and behold a man of Ethiopia and an eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians who had charge of all her treasure and had come to Jerusalem for to worship was returning and sitting in his chariot read Esias the prophet." Yet this is another verse that implies that Ethiopia was a great and powerful country. Thousands of years ago, Ethiopia was not a source of famine and desolation as it is today. In fact it was one of the richest countries in the world. According to some theories many explorers and opportunists came to exploit these riches and plundered this country resulting in complete depletion of all their natural resources and subjecting the country to famine and disease.

Many people are not aware of this and also are not aware of other historical features. That's why I was quite intrigued when I found a video that was part of the Atlanta Black Star (a local publication from the state of Georgia) about 10 characters in the Bible that most people might not have known were black. I would take a chance and check them out on their website, http://atlantablackstar.com/. The video shows a slide show of 10 supposed biblical figures that are assumed to be black. Here they are but not in any particular order.

https://www.facebook.com/ATLBlackStar/videos/960276787440428/

1. Makeda

Makeda is believed to be the Queen of Sheba.

2. Zipporah

Zipporah is believed to be the wife of Moses. In the book of Numbers 12:1 it states that "Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman'. The kingdom of Cush was also located in Ethiopia.

3. Pharoah.

Although there is no direct reference that certain Egyptian pharaohs were black, at that time it was considered part of Ethiopia.

4. Ham

Ham in the Bible is Noah's son. According to the video it states that after he committed a sin against his father, Noah cursed Ham's son Canaan and his descendants to a life of servitude. Sound familiar?

5. Nimrod

The video says that he was the son of Cush mentioned in the book of Genesis

6. Hagar

She was the maid of Abraham's wife Sarah.

7. Asenath

This woman is believed to be the wife of Joseph who was sold into slavery by his brothers.

8. Tirhaka

This man was belived to be a king of Egypt and Nubia.

9. Zerah the Cushite

He commanded a military garrison at Gerar in Palestine

10. Simon of Cyrene

Simon was the man who Roman soldier forced to carry the cross for Jesus.