A Playlist of Old MySpace Profile Songs That Are Sure To Make You Feel Nostalgic

2000s emo, anyone?

6878

I miss MySpace. Don’t get me wrong, all the new social media sites are amazing and I'm just as addicted as the next millennial, but there was something about MySpace. It's classic. Being able to customize the layout, fonts and colors, picking your Top 8, and setting a profile song made the page unique to you. It was especially awesome to show off how you were feeling with whatever song you were into at the moment. I mean, come on, nothing was better than changing your profile song to a sad and angsty sing-a-long after that cute boy from Hot Topic didn’t message you back on AIM - I'm looking at you xSadBoy182x.

Feeling a bit nostalgic as I was headed to see an acoustic show put on by the lead singers for two bands who gained a lot of attention during the MySpace era, I logged into my old account (shout out to Aaron Gillespie of Underoath & The Almost, and to William Beckett of The Academy Is…). I was on the hunt for some old pictures that I had taken with them at prior shows during my concert junkie days. I wanted to see how much has changed since my time spent as a middle school emo kid.(in case you were wondering, not much has changed. I only dress slightly better now and wear much less eye makeup).

Unfortunately, MySpace updated their site a little while back, and in the process, threw out a lot of people’s photos - you know, except for the classically embarrassing overexposed mirror pic you had set as your profile photo before the Facebook migration. While searching around the new site, I stumbled upon a "mix" (the new MySpace's term for playlist) that they put together from many of my old profile songs. Going through the mix, I realized that all of the songs I had once chosen tell a story from my past. Listening to each one transported me to a specific memory and brought back so many feels.

MySpace was a huge deal for the music industry at one point, so it makes sense they would keep a mix of songs from people’s profiles. I’m thrilled they kept my songs around because I made a pretty epic Spotify playlistout of them for the next time I’m feeling nostalgic. I wanted to share the songs from my MySpace in hopes they will bring back fond memories - or maybe just traumatizing ones of your studded belt collection, aggressive side bangs and plethora of brightly colored skinny jeans.

link: https://open.spotify.com/user/chloegendron/playlis...

From Your Site Articles