Authentically Real

Authentically Real

It's okay to not be okay.

1535
Authentically Real

I've been through a lot of change in life. Parents divorced at age 9, both parents remarried by the time I was 13, constantly changed friend groups, and even played games in the few romantic relationships I did have; it's been nothing but a mess.

The year is 2021. In January, God had spoken the word "change" to me. I'm like, "okay". I did not like change at all. I had enough of it. But this time, I was at peace. I knew it would be okay. April rolls around and my relationship ended with the person who I thought I was going to marry . Not even a week later, change truly began.

I began opening up to people. I built a community with people who authentically cared about me. I was done masking who I really was. I was over playing mind games with myself. I just took the step to do something about it. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

My fear of what others thought about me was gone. I had no desire to bottle up my problems anymore. I just started pouring out all my thoughts that I've kept locked inside for years. It's been hard, but it's been a great journey.

No matter what you're going through, it's okay. Your process is beautiful. Your story is genuine. Everyone was created differently, so therefore our stories are individual; no two are exactly the same. Whatever you're going through, just take that step. Find someone who can truly listen and let it all go.

I'm not saying it is easy. I'm not saying you won't have your rough days anymore. What I am telling you is that your life won't change, until you take that step. Today is your day to be you. Today is your day for your victory. Take the jump today!