My Unicorn Frappuccino Review

My Unicorn Frappuccino Review

*unicorn emoji*

My Unicorn Frappuccino Review
Allison Pericles

A little part of my soul is taken up by mythical creatures: mermaids, aliens, and yes, unicorns. So naturally, I was pretty stoked when Starbucks introduced their Unicorn Frappuccino last week, which I initially thought was fake, until it wasn't. The blue-and-pink drink consists of ice, milk, creme frappuccino syrup, mango syrup, a blue drizzle, and some pink and blue powder. It's supposed to turn from sweet to "delightfully sour," and changes colors when you mix it with your straw. Pretty magical, right?

I was still convinced it was fake until the barista put it in my hand. And then it wasn't fake anymore.

First impression: It's SO pretty. Like, this is what color dreams are.

When I took the first sip, the drink tasted like mango. A couple sips later, and I could have sworn I was eating a sour skittle. Congrats Starbucks, you achieved your goal of making a drink that changes flavors. And then I tried the whipped cream, and it was VERY sour.

Overall, I liked it. However, this is not quite what I was expecting when I thought of unicorns. I was very surprised when it turned out to be mango as opposed to cotton candy or bubblegum or something in that realm, because those flavors seem more unicorn-ish to me. Let's just say that looks can certainly deceive.