My Trip To "The Pearl Of Kazakhstan"

My Trip To "The Pearl Of Kazakhstan"

The story of how I have lived through an ancient fairytale in Borovoye.

145
My Trip To  "The Pearl Of Kazakhstan"
Madina Serazhiyeva

… I looked out of the window and saw an endless strip of pine trees; then proceeded to roll the windows down to inhale the dense smell of freshness, health and history, overwhelming the air.

And thus I knew I have arrived to Borovoye.

Borovoye, also called “the Pearl of Kazakhstan” or “the Little Switzerland” is a famous resort, located in North Kazakhstan.

Besides its beautiful nature and many historical attractions, untouched by a human, there are dozens of hotels and cazinos all over the resort.

However, what attracts tourists the most is health benefits that the magic place provides. Borovoye is known to cure many respiratory diseases, including tuberculosis. Anyone can strengthen their health in SPA resorts and sanatoriums by the lake or in the deep of woods.

The car pulled over to a parking lot. My first attraction to see in Borovoye is Abylai Khan’s Meadow.

Abylai Khan, a leader of the Middle Juz (one of three historical divisions of the Kazakhs), is famous for uniting all three Kazakh Juzes and creating a strong and independent Kazakh state in the XVIII century.

Abylai Khan’s Meadow holds a special microclimate - a unique activity of the solar light and an abundance of biologically active ultraviolet waves. Kazakh people consider the place to be sacred and believe it can help human body to ‘rejuvenate’.

The first thing that catches my eye is a high monument in the middle of the meadow. As I then learned, it was where Abylay khan united three zhuzes of the Kazakh people. The legend goes that after the reunion, a golden eagle appeared in the sky above the place where the Khan’s headquarters was located that time. This obelisk has been built to signify the historical event.

I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and let myself drown in the atmosphere of crusted legends–and suddenly I am teleported to the XVIII century, where I see Kazakh warriors, on top of their strong stallions, are attacking their enemies and fading away in a victorious roar.

Stricken and amazed by the wonders of this beautiful place, I hop into the car to get to my next stop - Zhumbaktas.

The creation of this place is surrounded by a beautiful legend that I would love to share.

In ancient times, there was a Bai (Richman), who lived in the steppes. He had many sons, but the greatest diamond in his wealth was his beautiful daughter. Not only were she breathtakingly beautiful, but also very intelligent young lady, talented handicraftsman and a dashing rider.

All of the bravest, the strongest and the richest men tried to conquer her heart. Even the powerful Khan, having heard about the unusual beauty of the girl, dreamed of making her his wife. However, there was only one man who caught her attention - it was a poor singer. His golden voice, his skills of masterfully playing dombra, and, in addition, his very handsome features made the girl fall for him.

When the Bai found out about his daughter’s heart choice, he locked her up in the tower.

Realizing that the Bai would never give a consent for the marriage, the lovers escaped from the village at night. They rode their horses for a very long time without rest, finally settling down on the Kokshetau lands at the Burabai Lake.

They have spent a few dream-like days and nights together, with no one disturbing their peace.

One day, the singer had made a boat in order to enjoy the quiet smoothness of the lake with his beautiful lover. Little did he know that the ruthless brothers of the girl found the boat and, seeking revenge, started shooting arrows at the young couple. One of them hit the heart of the signer. The heartbroken girl, stretching her hands to the setting sun, in desperate cry, asked God to turn her into stone. A life without the loved one had no meaning for her anymore.

God heard her cry and made her wish come true… so on the lake appeared rock Zhumbaktas.

Literally the name of the stone means "a mysterious stone" from Kazakh language. If you look at it from one side - you see a girl with hair flying in the wind, on the other - it's a boat, perhaps the one built by the singer's hands.

There are plenty of other whimsically shaped hills and stones in Borovoye. For example, there is an “Elephant” hill the peak of which looks like a Dumbo from the Disney fairytale, indeed.

Crystal-clear lakes, picturesque birch groves, fragrant pine forests and the inscrutable mystery of Borovoye will leave an eternal imprint on the heart of anyone, who steps on the magic land of “the Pearl of Kazakhstan”.

I believe that everyone should experience these emotions that I have experienced there.