My Top 7 R&B Songs for Summer 2020

My Top 7 R&B Songs for Summer 2020

The best R&B songs for a chill summer.

24
My Top 7 R&B Songs for Summer 2020

I can wholeheartedly say that I really wouldn't survive any season without R&B music. R&B soothes and nourishes my soul, all year round. It has been especially essential during this pandemic summer. So, for all of my fellow R&B lovers, here's a list of the top 7 songs I've been loving!

1. "Chicago Freestyle" by Drake feat. Giveon

Drake always comes in clutch with R&B-influenced music just in time for the summer! This song has been out for quite a while now, but it feels brand new every time I listen to it. Up and coming artist, Giveon, is the real showstopper in "Chicago Freestyle," though. I find his voice to be so unique and soulful. I could listen to it all day!

2. "Like I Want You" by Giveon

Giveon released this single in late 2019 but admittedly, I discovered it only a couple months ago. "Like I Want You" is just a vibe – there's no other way to describe it. If you didn't know about this song, or the artist Giveon, now you do! Highly recommend!

3. "I Want You Around" (Remix) by Snoh Aalegra feat. 6LACK

No matter the season, my playlist is not complete without "I Want You Around." It's timeless! I'm constantly dreaming of getting away to a place with palm trees and beach views (now, more than ever!). I find myself listening to the remix featuring 6LACK more often, since it really gives off that chill summer night vibe.

4. "Let It Go" by Summer Walker

Given the artist's name, I'd say it's very appropriate to have Summer Walker on your summer playlist. She recently released the EP, Life on Earth, which is a very timely title during this time. Let it Go happens to be my favorite song on the EP and I've been listening to it non-stop!

5. "Believe It" by PARTYNEXTDOOR & Rihanna

I can't think of a better duo than PND and Rihanna! I love both of these artists, so I couldn't wait to listen to this song and it definitely exceeded my expectations. It's the perfect, chill song to listen to while lounging poolside or driving with the windows down. It's a must-add to your playlist, whether you love R&B or not!

6. "Been Away" by Brent Faiyaz

It's simply not an R&B playlist without a dash of Brent Faiyaz (okay, maybe a little more than a dash!). He has undoubtedly worked his way into my soul. My top pick from his latest album, and perhaps my theme song for this entire pandemic, would have to be "Been Away." I'm just tryna get my paper straight… *cues song.*

7. "Summer 2020" by Jhene Aiko 

There's not much that needs to be said here. The amazing Jhene Aiko has released a song specifically for this summer... You better go listen! I know I'll be playing this one on repeat for the rest of Summer 2020.