My Top Destinations For When We Can Finally Travel Again

Among the long list of activities halted due to COVID-19 is travel. However, I have a spent a long time dreaming of the day when travel can continue.

15
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Airplane_Flight_Wing_flying_to_Travel_on_Vacation.jpg

Like so many other things, travel has been put on pause because of the pandemic. Although this is obviously not the end of the world, I know myself, along with many others, are itching to be able to leave the country once again and explore new places. Many vacations have been canceled, and I am tired of staying in one place. All of those nights spent self-isolating in my room, have me dreaming of all the faraway nations that I'll someday be able to travel to again. With all of this time spent thinking, I have devised a list of my 10 most sought after travel destinations for when we can once again travel safely.

1) Venice

Venice is one of those destinations that I feel like is a must-see on everyone's list. To go and take a gondola ride, and look at all of the old architecture, is definitely something that everyone has to do at some point.

2) Santorini

Santorini is famous for its picturesque landscape and amazing views. On top of that, when there, you can live out your Mamma Mia and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants dreams. What more could you want on a beautiful cliff-side vacation.

3) London

The history and culture found in London is like nowhere else. Beyond its countless famous landmarks, there is so much to see and do in the city.

4) Peru

Living in Florida, there are not many outdoor activities beyond the beach. To be able to visit Peru and hike Machu Picchu is a total dream of mine. It enables you to look into the past at the ruins of a city while enjoying the nature that surrounds you.

5) Amsterdam

The charming streets of Amsterdam have always been a sight I want to see. In Amsterdam, you can view the gorgeous countryside of the Netherlands, while enjoying the beauty of the city and its streets.

6) Australia

Compared to North America, Australia is a whole other world. The climate has no similarities, and the animals and nature are a complete 360 flip. I would love to go to Australia and see the culture of its cities and see the Great Barrier Reef.

7) India

India is a country that fills me with so much intrigue. The culture is so unlike any other place I have visited before. I would love to travel there and fully immerse myself in learning about the way of life found in India.

8) Egypt

Traveling to Egypt has always been a dream of mine. For as long as I can remember I have been mesmerized by Egyptian history. All of the stories and mysteries surrounding the pyramids fill me with such intrigue, that I know I have to go at some point.

9) South Africa

South Africa is another place with the most beautiful landscapes. Located in the most southern point of Africa, I would love to be able to visit and explore its history.

10) New York City

I have been to New York City many times, but something about it always keeps me coming back. I love the charm of the city, and how every time you visit you discover something new to see and a new area to explore.

Being able to dream and think about traveling during a time of all this hardship is very much a privilege. There are so many more pressing issues at hand right now, and I am lucky to be able to even think about traveling during a period where this is a lot of economic upset.

However, I believe if we do not allow ourselves to dream of positive change in the future, we will be stuck dwelling in the present. I do not see travel being feasible any time soon, but this will not stop my wanderlust and daydreaming for a time where we will be able to.