My Take On 13 Reasons Why

My Take On 13 Reasons Why

The second season let me down in ways I wasn’t expecting.

87
My Take On 13 Reasons Why
WallPaper Site

Warning: this article may contain spoilers for the second season if 13 Reasons Why.

I just finished watching 13 Reasons Why this weekend, and I had mixed feelings about it.

Part of me enjoyed the second season because it gave respect to the fact that there are two sides to every story. The first season was all about Hannah’s story and how she felt, but the second season gives perspectives of the people from the story. You tend to find out that there was often more to the story that was not mentioned.

Like I said, part of me liked this because it’s true that there are two sides to every story. However, I also feel like this season took away from Hannah’s story. Yeah, there was more to it than what she included in the tapes. But at the end of the day, she was harassed by so many people physically or verbally. She deserved to let her voice be heard, even when it really couldn’t be heard anymore.

I was really happy with the first season. I think it did a great job of showing how people’s actions can influence another life, and how cruelty really (excuse my language), really fucking hurts.

However, I hate how the second season twisted Hannah’s story and turned things against her. I hate how they turned even people like me, a girl who personally loved her, to the dark side of hating her and questioning her intentions. Even though these feelings were brief for me, I still don’t like that I felt them.

While the second season was thrilling, entertaining, and shocking at times, it disappointed me with how they shifted the show. I would have been happier if they had wrapped things up at the end of season one and let it be.

I know many people have different beliefs and opinions about this show, but this one is just mine. You don’t have to agree, I just hope you respect it.

All my love,

Kamille