My Summer Reading List

My Summer Reading List

A few books that peaked my interest

17
My Summer Reading List
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FHate-U-Give-Angie-Thomas-ebook%2Fdp%2FB01M0614T9&psig=AOvVaw3qAeQHDH_Q4LN8CrnsqnwM&ust=1591930341630000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMiO8evg-OkCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAh

I've always been an avid reader and this summer is no different. With everything happening in our country right now I think it's even more important to add some relevant reads to my list this year.

1. A Unified Theory of Happiness by Andrea F. Polard, PsyD

2. How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi

3. Five Days by Wes Moore with Erica L. Green

4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

5. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins

6. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

7. It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

8. Falling Toward the Moon by r.h. Sin and Robert M. Drake

9. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

10. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

11. Loving Vs. Virginia: A Documentary Novel of the Landmark Civil Rights Case by Patricia Hruby Powell

This summer I hope to be able to read most if not all of these books along with a few others that I find along the way because while I think it's important to read for pleasure, I also think that we as a society need to make sure we are educated on sensitive subjects such as mental health, abuse, sexuality, and racial tensions. If I could recommend anything for a person it would to be find books and movies about each of these subjects or written by someone who has some authority on the issue to better educate yourself on a subject you may not know well.