My Summer 2018 Photo Journal

My Summer Adventure Book: A Photo Journal

Look back to the summer of 2018 through my eyes!

63
Sarah Pfile

The summer of 2018 was an amazing summer for me. I had lots of laughs and made many memories. There were many crazy adventures. Even though my friend group split up to go to college and we can't be together now, this summer will always be one for the books.

Sarah Pfile

This picture came just after one of the biggest events of my life. I graduated on May 26 of this year. After I walked across the stage and the ceremony was over, everyone went outside to take pictures. I had my sister take one of me walking away from my high school for the last time. This picture means a lot to me because it signifies the end a big chapter of my life but also the beginning of something so hopeful. Although high school was very trying at times, I'm still very thankful for all the memories.

Sarah Pfile

To you, this might seem like just a college photo you could find online but to me, there is so much hope and joy tied to this picture. This was the day I signed up for my classes at Illinois State. This day was hectic and very hot but that didn't matter because I was excited to make this my future.

Sarah Pfile

This is probably one of my favorite memories of this summer, not because anything wild or memorable happened but because it was insignificant. This was one of many graduation parties I attended over the summer. This day I ate food and joked around with my friends just like any other beautiful summer day. This picture, to me, represents all of the good times I've had just hanging out back home, all of the beautifully insignificant days that deserve to be remembered.

Sarah Pfile

This is one of my friends, Lizzy. Every year her neighborhood has a fourth of July block party were they have sparklers, lots of food, and a fireworks show. Before the big show, we were all lighting colored sparklers. They were too pretty to pass up so the only answer was a photoshoot. This is only one of many from that day but it's my favorite.

Sarah Pfile

I'm not going to lie; this day was pretty crappy. My friends and I went to this river-side restaurant an hour or so away from where we live. The drive was long, the food wasn't great, and it was hot. This day was toward the end of the summer and we were all sad about leaving. There wasn't a good conversation. Everything just seemed off. My friend, pictured here, whose name is also Sarah said she wanted some pictures taken of her. So, naturally, I pulled out my iPhone and started clicking away. I got so many wonderful pictures that day. It's funny how a bad day can be turned around by doing what you love.

Sarah Pfile

Although, It was sad to leave all of my friends these few weeks at school have been amazing. I've been blessed with three amazing roommates, Abby, Grace, and Carolyn (Left to Right). I couldn't have asked for better people to live with. Even though I just showed you my amazing summer, all the pictures I took, and the memories I made, I can't wait to make more with these girls and the other people I have and will come to know. Thank you to everyone that helped make this summer great. I can't wait to make more memories and make every day its own adventure.